ban fireworks in ALL residential area's

Quoted post

Honesta

2016-01-02 06:41

Unfortunately fireworks are part of festive celebration and its tradition that cannot be done away with overnight just because someone who gew up participating in the tradition wants it gone. Some of us are very happy to go with the flow. It's only reasonable that those who want tradition changed better change themselves first. I say pets owners neighborhood is a necessity where you guys can live with your pets and leave us with our traditional way of doing things. The whole human kind don't have to end up in jail because you have developed new habits. Get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. 

Replies

#88 Re:

2016-01-02 07:45:24

#40: Honesta -  

Agreed. I think the owners are more terrified than their pets. Imagine if police dogs were afraid of gunshots or guide dogs were afraid of traffic. The reason your pets are afraid is because of bad training and you should feel bad and responsible for encouraging them to feel panicked and nervous. All fear is learned.

#92 Re:

2016-01-02 07:49:50

Last year a little girls fingers were blown off. This year some idiot threw a big bang into a car with two small children. The mother now has a hearing problem. I lost a dear pet due to inconsiderate neighbours. Two houses burnt down due to fire crackers. What goes up must come down. Sometimes on someones house. Little children go hungry and some idiots have thousands to spend on traumatizing animals, children and innocent people. How wrong is this world.  

#161 Re:

2016-01-02 09:15:37

I don't see why I should be terrorised in my own home because you are selfish and have no consideration for your neighbours! No more lives should be lost or anyone injured so that you can listen to loud bangs that intrude on my peace and well-being. If you want to see pretty lights light up a sparkler...they don't make any noise! You make up a small minority that negatively affects a large minority. Stop being selfish with no regard for life...too many have died at your hands! This is not a war zone and I will do everything humanly possible to put a stop to it. You have a choice whether you go to jail or not.

Fifi

#501 Re:

2016-01-03 16:37:02

Traditions do exist but then why does it seem to get louder every year? I personally love the pretty fireworks but what is the point of the ones that sound like gunshots? Btw, living in a free society means respecting the rights of Everyone - why should everyone be forced to listen to what amounts to little more than noise for the whole night? My 67 year old mother was woken from a very deep sleep with a huge fright because of my inconsiderate neighbors. My dogs were terrified. Oh well, w guess asking you to act with a bit of consideration is a complete waste of time considering your comment.