Cannabis Farmers Council Petition

Quoted post

FP

2016-03-22 15:47

I agree. Almost every farmer I talk to is struggling to get by month to month, most barely making enough to keep their doors open let alone get any paycheck at all. The imbalance between retail and farmer has already shut down many farms and threatens many more. Without the farmer, there will be no industry.

In addition to the above, I would like the LCB to consider having the retail stores provide a safe (with cameras) area for delivery. As farmers we are required to record every minute of the plants life, including strict vehicle regulations (which I'm not complaining about), but at the most vunerable time, we are often left to walk blocks or unsafe alley ways to get the product to the retail door. We use every safety measure we can, including heavy duty locked delivery boxes, but if the farmer is required to have the transport of the product on camera from their facility to their vehicle (within the safety of their own complex), why is that same safety measure not required on the retail end when we are most vunerable for theft? There are some stores in Seattle that don't have available parking for blocks, and week after week I have sketchy observers of my comings and goings for deliveries. This is unsafe, and its only a matter of time before someone is robbed, or even worse hurt, during this vunerable time. Retail stores should be required to provide a safe, with cameras, area for delivery.

Replies

mama

#37 Re:

2016-03-23 23:26:55

totally agree.  our sales person is not only an open target for all the reason stated but just happens to be quite attractive as well. Does that say target or what!#17: FP -