Save GCC from CRT

Quoted post

Joe

#7 Re:

2021-12-08 16:27

#1: -  

Questions were asked and not answered. That's why the petition was made in the first place. Specific examples were listed in the petition and in a response to McNulty more specific examples were listed. If you have information disproving the specific examples listed (Testimony from RAs, texts for different classes,etc...) then produce them. If not then the 9th commandment does not apply. Matthew 18 is dealing with interpersonal conflict in the local church (going to the elders, the church, etc...). GCC is not a church, it's a privately funded school supported by private donors and tuition. The people paying the bills have a right to question the administration. Hiding behind a Bible verse taken out of its original context to avoid any public criticism for public acts (chapel messages, courses, etc...) is at best weak and at worst disingenuous. I actually didn't sign this petition but I am finding reactions such as this highly educational of the kind of alumni GCC produces. 

Replies

#8 Re: Re:

2021-12-12 23:39:18

#7: Joe - Re:  

Speaking of disingenuous, here you are. I'm amused that you seem to think the 9th commandment isn't in play if no one refutes you. I assure you, it is a proactive command and regardless of whether or not anyone corrects you, you will be held accountable for your words and mischaracterizations. The more I read this petition and it's responses, the more comfortable I am dismissing it and treating it unseriously. There are many misleading framings to this petition's complaints and not really any attempt to inquire with any meaningful charity or intellectual integrity. For example, citing a parent of an RA when I know that specific RA did not sign or endorse this petition. I could go on all day, but it's a rather wasted effort. I seem to recall some parable and swine and pearls. If the signers of this petition have a level of engagement that only perks at this sort of nonsense, it isn't surprising they have no real sense of what happens at GCC.