Petition for a Balanced Calendar in Cobb Schools

Quoted post

#113 two people doesn't tell us much

2012-01-14 19:34

Two board members out of SEVEN have been elected supporting the traditional calendar since the balanced calendar was implemented. Those TWO also ran on other issues, not just the calendar. Those two were elected 3 months into the first school year that we tried the balanced calendar, so before people had gotten a feel for if they liked it. Some people thought they would hate it and then found it worked great. Some people voted for those TWO candidates because they promised to stop just the sort of behavior they have taken to a new level. Both of those candidates ran as Republicans, in a heavily Republican county. It is doubtful that the calendar issue is why they were elected. And even if it were, again, they are two of seven board members. That is hardly the public saying that they tried the balanced calendar and didn't like it. (and FWIW, I tend to vote Republican, so don't bother accusing me of having a Liberal agenda.)

Replies

#114 Re: two people doesn't tell us much

2012-01-14 19:42:18

#113: - two people doesn't tell us much

ZERO candidates out of Three who supported the Balanced Calendar Won.

I don't give a crap about your party affiliation.  Though, I bet you don't pay a dime to any political party.  You probably prefer to whine and start petitions.

Re: "It is doubtful that the calendar issue is why they were elected"

- given the 0 and 3 performance, it is entirely possible that is why they were elected

#177 Re: two people doesn't tell us much

2012-01-16 21:41:47

#113: - two people doesn't tell us much

I'm not sure what information the grand jury saw, but their findings stated that: The calendar switch fulfilled the campaign promises of the three new members of the board, Tim Stultz of Smyrna, Kathleen Angelucci of North Cobb and Scott Sweeney of East Cobb.