Opposition to ITV

Quoted post

Husain

#124 Response to DR Adam

2012-07-29 22:47

And WHO'S going to be responsible for the sins of those 2 - 3 month's?

And i doubt that ITV is haraam solely because of the music and photography. Are the males and females going to stop hosting programs together? Are the females going to start observing hijaab of their voices and hijaab of their faces? Are the ambiya cartoons going to be removed? Are the ulama going to check that whoever brings a TV in his/her home for the purpose of ITV, that TV must not be used for any other wrongs and evil? Are they going to ensure that the males who are watching ITV do not commit zina with their minds and hearts while viewing the apa's programs?

You see Dr Adam its basically IMPOSSIBLE to have a 100% shariah compliant channel on TV. And when anything is not 100% halaal it means that part of it is haraam/sin. So if we can't do things in exact accordance to the shariah - we MUST LEAVE IT OUT, Especially if others are going to get involved in the sin on our strength, because then, we will carry their sins on our shoulders.

DR Adam you seem to be a reasonably clear minded person, how on earth did you get yourself tangled in this ITV mix?

Replies

Mohamed Adam - ITV

#127 Re: Response to DR Adam

2012-07-30 06:59:56

#124: Husain - Response to DR Adam 

I did not get entanged in the "ITV Mix" I am the founder of ITV. So all the blame of ITV rests on my shoulders not on "ITV" or any Ulema. If you need to crticise ITV put the blame on my shoulders. I am willing to meet with Jamiat to discuss whatever can be done to rectify and or correct and or improve the situation.