Support Hungary!

Quoted post

Peter Urbanyi

#130 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fidesz is bad, but better than MSZP

2012-10-21 19:54

#129: Magyar - Re: Re: Re: Re: Fidesz is bad, but better than MSZP

Another stupid remark.  No, no problem with Székelys.  You want to setup another strawman so that I can burn it down.  Garda uniforms are an obvious hat-tip to arrow cross uniforms.

Jobbik are not patriotic, rather they are extreme nationalists.  There are plenty of Hungrians that are not Jobbik and are pro-Hungary and patriotic.  Jobbik may beleive they are pro-Hungary, but if their policies were put in place it would be the downfall of Hungary.  It would make the damage that MSZP and Fidesz have done look like a gentle summer rain.

What no apology for calling me  a comminist when my familiy was their victims.  I did not expect you to be honorable enough to grant one.  You can disagree with me and tell me so like a gentleman.  But calling me a communist is the act of an adolescent.

Replies

Magyar

#131 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fidesz is bad, but better than MSZP

2012-10-21 20:19:53

#130: Peter Urbanyi - Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fidesz is bad, but better than MSZP

Gárda uniforms are now Arrow Cross? :D

Jobbik critized the Arrow Cross, and I don't like it either, they  were traitors to Hungary.

Jobbik are not extreme nationalists, just pro patriotic. If yout think they are extreme nationalists, then you haven't seen anything yet.

I will just direct you to here
http://www.jobbik.com/frequently_refuted_lies

Damage Hungary? How so? By making it better?

Here is what a Jobbik mayor achieved in Gyöngyöspata:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY8CNYO4TA4&feature=plcp

There are even Gypsies there enjoying themselves, so much for racism :D :D

Look, just because you parents or grandparents were victims of the communists, that doens't mean you can't be one, Eva S. Balogh (maybe you know her?) is a good example of one.

But I don't expect you to understand Hungarian issues, from what you said, you probably live in the comfort of the West, not having any idea about Hungary.

amazed

#136 Mistaken sense of nationalism

2012-10-21 22:26:15

#130: Peter Urbanyi - Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fidesz is bad, but better than MSZP

This petition is based on half-truths and mis-understandings. The hypocrisy of the current leadership is astounding. While Orban talks tough about the EU at home about not becoming a colony, he's off placating the EU begging for cohesion funds not be taken away. Meanwhile the message at home both provocative and quite arrogant in that he claims that the EU is trying to take Hungary's money. The government is engaging in a campaign of mis-information clearly trying to capitalize on the huge language barrier that exists between Hungary and the rest of the EU. Orbains continued claims about how the IMF function are misleading leading people to believe that in order to obtain a loan they will have to turn over the keys to the country to the bankers. This is mis-information and unfortunately is reflected in this petition.

The current party, Fidesz, would prefer to turn Hungary back into a single party system. In support of this they now not only control the media with their new media council, they control advertising revenues just about every media outlet. They have starved opposition media stations to the point of bankruptcy and have harassed those that have managed to survive by illegally denying them the right to government controlled frequencies.

The biggest problem is Fidesz's abuse of parliamentary procedures to introduce a new constitution. A task that they neither had the mandate for or support of the population to do so. The constitution was written without consultation or inclusion of *any other opinion or consideration* for other groups inside the country. The mere fact that Fidesz has a 2/3 majority in parliament is a bad outcome from the current electoral system. Even with this "super majority", Fidesz skirted parliamentary procedures in order to get this new constitution in place further delegitimizing the document.

I think what we can agree upon is that right now the Hungarian people are suffering. But it's not at the hand of the EU.. it's at the hands of their past and current leadership. For the current leadership to blame the current sets of problems on a foreign group has to be the oldest political trick in the book. Don't fall for it.