Protect Ventura County Schoolchildren and Teachers from Indoctrination and Forced Ideology.
By signing this petition you are protecting our schoolchildren and teachers from indoctrination by helping implement the following protections in every Ventura County School:
1. Present multiple sides to issues without bias.
Teachers, guests of the school or faculty members who discuss current events or widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs shall explore such issues from diverse and contending perspectives without favoring any one perspective.
2. No mandatory belief indoctrination for students.
No school teacher, guest of the school or faculty member shall require, or make part of a course or some other teaching the following concepts:
(1*) one race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex;
(2) an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously;
(3*) an individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of his or her race or sex;
(4*) an individual ’s moral character is necessarily determined in full or in part by his or her race or sex;
(5) an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex;
(6) any individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex;
(7) meritocracy or traits such as a hard work ethic are racist or sexist, or were created by a members of a particular race to oppress members of another race
(8) math, science, logic, and/or reason are racist or sexist, or were created by a members of a particular race to oppress members of another race.
* None of the above language shall be misconstrued as prohibiting teachers or students from teaching or learning about the history of both slavery and racism.
3. No mandatory belief indoctrination for teachers, administrators or staff.
No school teacher, guest of the school or faculty member in our school system shall be required to engage in training, orientation, or therapy that presents any form of race or sex stereotyping or blame on the basis of race or sex.
4. Do not use our education system for activism.
No school teacher, guest of the school or faculty member shall require, make part of a course, or award course grading or credit including extra credit for, student work for, affiliation with, or service learning in association with any organization engaged in lobbying for legislation at the local, state or federal level, or in social or public policy advocacy.
No school teacher, guest of the school or faculty member shall require, make part of a course, or award course grading or credit including extra credit for, political activism, lobbying, or efforts to persuade members of the legislative or executive branch to take specific actions by direct communication at the local, state or federal level, or any practicum or like activity involving social or public policy advocacy.
5. Transparency and accountability to the community.
All teacher and staff trainings as well as any and all instruction given to students, parents, or community members that fall under the umbrella of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion shall be made publicly available on the school’s website 7 days prior to implementation and remain public for 30 days after implementation.
Christine at Protect VC Schools Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|