To IGP in Sri Lanka
Inspector General of Police,
No Outcome of the Complaints made to Police Stations around Katunayake Airport
01. Complaints were made to the Police Stations in Katunayake, Peliyagoda and Kandana on the attempts to assault Dr. Vickramabahu Karunarathne, General Secretary of the Nava Sama Samaja Party and the others who were victims of this event at the Bandaranaike International Airport.
02. On his arrival from London on the 7th December 2010, Dr. Vickramabahu Karunarathne was attacked by Suresh Kumar Gunarathne, son of the Deputy Minister of State Resources & Enterprise Development, Mr. Sarath Gunarathne and his gang. The most notable characters among them were the organizer of the Airport Taxi Service Bandara and its President Podi Vimal.
03. Dr. Vickramabahu's colleagues rallied round him and sent him out of the Airport in a vehicle.
04. When some of his colleagues, V. Thirunavakkarasu and Shantha Wejeysuriya were travelling out of the airport, a gang followed them, attacked them and damaged the vehicle (vehicle no 258-7286) belonging to Dr. Vickramabahu.
05. Complaints were made also to the Kompanna vidiya and Kandana Police Stations.
Though complaints were made to these above - mentioned Police Stations, no legal action has been instituted so far.
We, the undersigned verily believe that there is sufficient evidence to institute proceedings against those identified assailants on several charges based on unlawful assembly and if any legal action has not been contemplated, we would like to know the reason for its delay.
Linus Jayatilake Contact the author of the petition
|Log in to manage your petition.|