DEMAND ACTION ON PROPOSED HIGH DENSITY DEVELOPMENTS IN WYNFORD / CONCORDE COMMUNITY
PLEASE JOIN US IN CHALLENGING THE APPLICATION FOR PROPOSED DEVELOPMENTS IN THE WYNFORD/CONCORDE COMMUNITY
Fengate Asset Management has proposed two major developments on the west side of Wynford Drive Concorde Place/Gate, currently under review by the City of Toronto Planning Department. The developments include buildings to be demolished (the two office buildings at 1-3 Concorde Gate (Home Depot), 10-12 Concorde Place (ESRI) and the Don Valley Hotel) to make way for the proposed developments.
Our issues with the proposed developments include:
1. HEIGHT. Current plans include 4 towers at 175 Wynford up to 65 storeys and 9 towers at Concorde Gate/Place up to 52 storeys. See renderings below.
2. DENSITY. Increase in population on the 115 acre land mass from approximately 8,000 to 22,000. The density (Floor Space Index) is 7.9 and 9.95 respectively (significantly more than the approved density at Eglinton/Don Mills Transit Hub).
3. EXCESSIVE TRAFFIC. There is only one arterial road in and through this neighbourhood. Currently, it serves the existing 8,800 residents and those commuters seeking quick access to the DVP to avoid delays on Eglinton. As the pandemic subsides, this area will go back to its previous high congestion levels during regular commuting hours… without the addition of 3,100+ cars contemplated in proposed developments.
4. SAFETY. The community is a finite land mass bounded by ravine to the east, the DVP to the west, Eglinton to the south and the twin track CPR mainline to the north. Should there be an accident or spill, evacuation would be difficult and dangerously slow.
5. COMMUNITY AMENITIES AND SCHOOLS. No additional schools, community facilities and only minimal retail are proposed.
6. DESTRUCTION OF MATURE TREES. Destruction of trees to make way for construction will contribute to global warming and significantly change the streetscape
7. A DANGEROUS PRECEDENT would be set for all of Don Mills and North York communities. Changing current zoning by-laws will have a permanent and devastating negative impact on the infrastructure, integrity, safety and character of our established community.
8. THIS DEVELOPMENT COMPLEX IS INAPPROPRIATE ITS PRESENT FORM. We have requested a secondary plan to be undertaken immediately (as has been done at Don Mills and Eglinton and the Golden Mile, both of which have much lower densities that what is proposed in these applications), together with resident input via public meetings.
9. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. The Provincial Government recently reduced the time for the City to respond to developers’ applications from 120 days to 90 days.
PLEASE SIGN AND SUBMIT THIS PETITION TO HELP US TO GET THE ATTENTION OF CITY COUNCILLORS AND PLANNING OFFICIALS.
YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD COULD LOOK LIKE THIS!
Lorna Eaton - 1 Concorde Place, Toronto Contact the author of the petition
Manage your signatures
Have you not received the confirmation email or do you want to remove your signature?Manage your signatures
|Log in to manage your petition.|