Caren Jephson

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Caren Jephson.

caren jephson
The author of this petition

2014-06-20 19:10

This petition is being shown on BBC and had support from local MP and also handed in to number 10 Downing St

2014-06-22 20:42

i confire

2014-06-25 16:31

I am apaulled by the selfish and dangerous behaviour of many mobility scooter users. If only these vehicles were used with care and consideration for pedestrians - young and old - plus driven at a sensible walking pace, perhaps we could all be tolerant. As for use on the roads, I cannot imagine who ever thought this was a good idea.

2015-07-15 22:47

I am a user of an electric wheelchair because i have to. I am unable to walk inside or outside. There are now so many people who have little or no disability using scooters who dont need them. Scooters should be for people registered as disabled or with proven disability and ALL scooters used outside should have compulsory 3rd party insurance.

2015-07-17 19:55

Because users of mobility scooters all need to go on an awareness course for health and safety of themselves and others around them. Training to use their scooters in a safe manner and how to manoeuvre with care.
Licence should be compulsory.
They need to have a points system and points put on their licence when convicted for dangerous or aggressive use.

2015-07-27 00:19

Fast moving mobility scooters are a danger to disabled people such as visually impaired people and walking frame users who may not see them coming or be able to jump out of the way. It's common sense that scooter uses should pass a mandatory training course, such as the one run by South Yorkshire Police, have insurance and a certificate from an optician stating that their eyesight is good enough to drive a scooter.