Portas Owino Ongondo right to remain in the UK 2

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Portas Owino Ongondo right to remain in the UK 2.

2014-08-03 18:01

Please please could somebody at the Home Office recognise that Portas should be allowed to remain in the Uk for reasons which have been widely discussed and recognised. Clearly laws are made to protect communities but occasionally someone should take responsibility for recognising that these laws are just not appropriate. Portas' contribution to his family and community is immeasurable and someone needs to act on this before we lose a wonderful, humble, hardworking and intelligent role model for us all.
Hargreaves

#27 Portas Ongondo

2014-08-04 09:08

Portas is hugely appreciated by our children.Not only does he work hard in his capacity as school caretaker , but he has also generously given his time to enrich our children's planned curriculum learning about Africa.
In our end of term assembly the huge round of applause he received from parents and children spoke volumes.
Why would we seek to remove a father from his family, and a hardworking person who contributes to his community from this country?
We are hopeful that this opportunity to amend the initial decision regarding Portas Ongondo , will be taken by the Home Office.

Cheryl Guest

2014-08-04 15:24

Mr Ongondo is a highly respected member of our community and in particular the local school. He works hard and contributes to our society. Despite his children being older, children rely on their parents throughout their lives and I'm sure they need him here. Immigration is a big issue at the moment but concerns are usually about those that drain our society not add to it, as in Mr Ongondo's case. I fully support his efforts to remain in this country.

Lucy Mawer,teacher at Collingham

2014-08-04 19:03

It would be a total travesty of justice if Portas was to be sent back.To anyone who has worked with Portas it is obvious that his commitment to the school and it's staff, the children and the wider community is total.If only all the people in Great Britain had the same work ethic and pride in their job that Portas has, our country would be a far better place to live in.He does everything with a smile and exemplifies everything that is decent and honest. How does it serve justice to deport him?

2014-08-05 11:18

As a teacher in a primary school, I understand the vital role a caretaker has in helping to run a school. I personally know a parent of children who attend the school in question and have heard about their beloved caretaker's dedication to not only his work and community, but also his family. I hope he wins his right to stay and continue to contribute to the community he has obviously grown to love.

2014-08-05 13:45

I know this gentleman personally and he is an honest, hard-working and reliable member of society who has earned respect and admiration from all who have had the priviledge to interact with him. Please let him stay. He will be a very welcome and positive contributor to this society.

2014-08-05 15:02

Portas is a lovely hardworking man, and is an asset to the country, he needs to be allowed to stay.
Celia

#33 Please Let Portas Stay

2014-08-05 15:42

My name is Celia and Portas is my uncle. He has been like a father to me since my own father passed on over ten years ago. I had a major operation in June. Portas works hard but he still found time to come be with me. I have some family in the UK and several close friends, of whom I could have requested the favour. There was no one else however, who would have offered me the unconditional emotional support I so badly needed at the time, as Portas selflessly provided. Being the kind and self-sacrificing man he is, always putting everyone else before himself, he did not hesitate. He took four days off both his jobs and travelled all the way to Surrey to care for me.

Although I am in my mid thirties and have been in Europe for most of my adult life, I still find myself entangled in conflicting cultural differences. Portas has always listened and offered me good advice. In addition, I often seek help from Portas with relationship and work issues, and the sort of problems on which a daughter may need a father's guidance.

The thought of my uncle Portas not being around breaks my heart. I have cried myself to sleep most nights... It causes me real distress to think of the devastation his forced departure may cause my cousins Sylvester, Gerald and Emmanuel, as well as the children, parents and staff at Lady Elizabeth Hastings School and Collingham community as a whole, where he belongs.

People like Portas are rare in life; a man who changes the lives of whoever crosses his path. He contributes positively to his community and beyond. He is a great teacher in the making and a leader who leads by example. The overwhelming support he has received already, from adults to children alike, attests to his value to the British society.

If someone like him, who gives so much to so many, is not allowed to stay, what does it say to the children witnessing this predicament; children who are our leaders of tomorrow? I pray that my uncle be given a chance to be with his sons and the broader family he has made in Collingham.

Celia A

2014-08-05 19:39

There is no justification for splitting up a family. He is a fully contributing member of the community and sets an example for all.

2014-08-05 21:39

Being a total orphan and the first born in a family of 7, my uncle-PORTAS OWINO ONGONDO has been the support of our family , him losing the job would tamper with the completion of our studies.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-08-06 09:44

2014-08-07 10:07

Mr Ongondo is needed by the young children of the school and the community as a whole - please let him stay

2014-08-08 14:07

Why is it always the hard working people that fall into the trap and not the hundreds claiming benefits falsely. This man has done nothing wrong and is a contributing member to the society.

2014-08-10 14:32

it seems to me that if Portas was a woman he would be allowed to stay in ths country - as a woman, I am appalled that a woman can be allowed to stay, but not a man who is the father of 3 sons. How can he retain the right sort of relationship with them from Kenya. Portas is a hard working, tax paying member of our society and I feel it would be criminal to deport him. Please, have a heart, reconsider his position.

2014-08-13 19:03

Our small community has spoken loudly in support of Portas. Our community wants him to stay with us. Surely government must listen when a group of people come together to say 'We know this man, we care what happens to him. We will continue to care'.

2014-08-13 22:13

A very hard working man. Loved by the whole school that he serves and the community around him. Why not give him a chance to carry on working here?

2014-08-13 22:24

To the powers that be, please reverse what is obviously a wrong decision to treat gentleman in a ludicrous and inhumane way.

2014-08-14 21:06

I'm appalled that Portas who is a hard working honest truly lovely man is being treated this way. What's wrong with this country come on Mr Shelbrooke fight harder how about going on national radio over this!!!!
Why would you separate a valued member of the community from his family.

2014-08-14 21:09

Ridiculous decision do the right thing powers that be and reverse it
No family should be split up

2014-08-15 05:17

Justice. Has let this man down. Thay should be held to a count for what they have done. .

2014-08-16 14:25

Please consider his application! This is a gentleman who is very much loved by his community and who is contributing to much to this country. Now is the time to grant him Leave to Remain in this great country

2014-08-17 12:56

I feel Portas Owino Ongondo should be allowed to remain in the UK as he has a job and can support himself and his children.

2014-08-18 11:30

This is madness !!! It must not be allowed to happen.
What has happened to our country that we can even be having this conversation about a hard working honest man.
Linda

2014-08-19 21:27

We allow some people to stay here who are no benefit whatsoever to the country, yet seek to deport someone who is financially no drain on the country, makes a valuable contribution to society and is highly thought of by his community.

There is no rhyme nor reason in the decision to deport this gentleman. it needs to be reconsidered.
Joe Nyantika

2014-08-20 11:38

Mr.Portas Ongondo's children live in the UK  and the Home Office should not remove a father from his family.He's  a hardworking person who's loved and highly valued by the community