THIS IS A PETITION TO REMOVE LAURA GLADING FROM OFFICE

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition THIS IS A PETITION TO REMOVE LAURA GLADING FROM OFFICE.

Choose a nickname

#151 Subject

2014-10-15 23:16

If we are 24000 F/As strong, it is time to show it.  Corrupting management can't be changed right now but corrupted union leaders can be.  The New American deserves new union leaders that work for their membership.  Tired of unions that praise themselves and manipulate the masses to please the company.  Don't insult me.  Show me that you listen to your members, know what they want and fight for it.  If you don't back me up, you don't have my vote.

2014-10-16 14:49

Again, Laura Glading has sold us out. She has no intesions of getting us a good TA. Her only interest is how she can improve her salary and the money the union gets for us to sign this TA.

2014-10-16 20:41

She is too involved with management she's done

2014-10-17 00:58

It is about time.

2014-10-17 01:43

Sad as this is and hated to do it , really hated to do it. But Laura and her team has shown time and time again that she is not for us!!! Only out for what she thinks will benefit her!

2014-10-18 13:15

My Question is when and why would a Union give up its rights to negotiation before a vote goes through to the members. Why straight to an arbitrator who is paid and works for the Company. Its been Ms Gladings way through out her
tenure leading us to a no way out situation. Taking away our Vote..IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!

2014-10-18 14:37

Laura gave up our full right to negotiate when she met with Kirby to agree to the CLA.  The CLA gave away our right to negotiate fully by chaining us to a short road leading to arbitration.
At the CLT meeting Laura was questioned about her going to Kirby's wedding.  She floundered in her response.  She admitted she attended the wedding when Kirby kept asking her to be a guest.  No other union person from any other union at the company was at the wedding.  This shows how blurred the lines are with Laura and the rest of APFA.  There was another comment here about Leslie Mayo taking a corporate jet with Kirby to a APFA meeting sometime after the merger was announced. 

#158 Re:

2014-10-18 17:02

#157: -  

Wow thanks for the information and explanation.  I just learned yesterday that Laura Glading's Uncle is a Vice President of Accounting at US Airways.  This is total corruption of a Union!

2014-10-19 00:32

I cannot believe Laura is asking/telling us to vote yes on the tentative agreement. It's garbage! I had such high hope for a industry leading contract, all I can do is believe she is self serving at this point. #timetogoLaura!

2014-10-19 06:03

I think this petition should have an adendumn that also nullifies the tentative/

new contract that she participated in crafting. She ,Laura Gladdig , APFA and AFA former Int'l President, Vida Shook made pre-merger agreements with Doug Parker .This "pact" guaranteed Parker PBS, a gutted health care plan, pay cuts in many parts of our previous contracts, poor work rules , a pay raise which is a joke ( American now with USAirways makes more money than ANY airline in the world) .this contract is touted by APFA as INDUSTRY LEADING , yet we F/As are threatened with take it or you'll do worse with arbitrator. Is this the " New American"? The largest most profitable airline in history. Poorest paid of the major carriers. Lets do a comparison Southwest and Delta and put it in the nat'l news papers.

2014-10-19 12:11

Laura Glading is an AA puppet. She enjoys her positive space passes and in return delivers the F/A votes the company has requested. A conflict of interest ? Is this a legal situation ?

2014-10-19 23:26

Remove her enough said!!!

2014-10-20 02:12

How can you change the the wording of the contract after the voting has begun. This is has got to be illegal!!!!!!!! Laura gladding should be ashamed of herself after she stood up at the phl meeting on tues. And stated there would be no more negating . It is obvious that they do not want this contract to go to arbitration Wake up and understand you have the power to Change this contract to our advantage. Let's not go back to the 70's again

2014-10-20 02:59

Well the "remove" option wasn't for LG but to remove my signature. That's a bit tricky. I opened the email. Says my signature has been confirmed.
Good.
Remive her and all union leaders.
Do not remove my signature.
Thanks.

2014-10-20 04:26

I don't understand how our TA was supposed to be a "closed contract" but she can go back and negotiate to have the hard 40 removed. If this is the case, then all other matters in the contract should also be able to be added/removed. Period!

2014-10-20 05:01

This woman is a flat out lier. I was at the phl road show on Tuesday and she told us straight out that no more negotiations would happen. Her words were the company will not budge. She has no regard for the LUS  F/As. LG has made it very clear she is out to get this TA to pass after her moves today. Well good luck with that one LG. 

#167 She must leave.

2014-10-20 05:33

At this point I've lost all hope in LG to accomplish her duties. She is more than disconnected with the flight attendants, she's turned on us. The rules and language in this new TA were written to satisfy her and her fellow corporate goons! She does not have the flight attendant's best interest at heart. She is a weak negotiator and is out of touch with the flight attendants on the field.  She must leave. The corruption must come to an end!

2014-10-20 05:53

She's trustworthy. Let's get her gone. Face it....she's sleeping with the enemy.

2014-10-20 06:30

Laura made the deal in principle with the company before she brought it to the JNC. She told them the company was willing to eliminate the hard 40.  Laura made the deal without advising the base presidents or the executive committee. Laura is making her own rules. Since she is not running again she is preparing for her next job after she leaves office. She will make sure she is seen as the savior of the AA flight attendants.

2014-10-20 12:47

Underhanded tactics

2014-10-20 16:51

I want a union leader that gets for herself, exactly what she negotiates for us!

2014-10-20 17:12

She was voted in and paid to listen to those she represents she failed miserably.
TB

2014-10-20 17:15

She was voted in to represent our needs, she has been paid to do the job.  She failed miserably.

2014-10-20 17:19

How about a leader that will represent the entire f/a group us & aa total best interests. How does working 40 hrs a month affect a persons life compared to someone who relies on their seniority to NR to work.
Soldier up!

#175 Re: Minimum

2014-10-20 17:25

#171: -  LG If your reading this no that the T.A. will not pass. It might have a chance if you get us at least 10,000 signing bonus like Delta recievied from there non union company. A 100,000 buy out like united. 12% raise from the D.O.S 3% increase like all unionized goverment employees. Severense pay, furlough pay. No hard 40. The tax free per diem must at least match southwest but 3.00hr and 5.00hr Int is a good start. Crew meals for over 7hrs flying and sit time pay. Plus all federal hollidays paid at 2 times our pay and most inportsantly profit shairing to match the piolets at leasst half or salery active or not. Sighn in pay of some sort. This should be a a minimum.