Girls' Latin of Philadelphia

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Girls' Latin of Philadelphia.

2014-11-06 00:13

I am a proud parent of a young man who graduated from Boys Latin. The entire four years that my son was there, there was full support, encouragement, tough love, help and then more help and most of all genuine love. Which is what our young men need. It was hard work no doubt but the staff of Boys Latin would let the young men know that the hard work paid off and was worth it. The students were praised and rewarded for thier hard work.But even if a student struggled they were still prasied and rewarded for trying and giving thier best effort. There are so many activities at boys latin for the students to do outside of sports so no one is left out. There is so much I could say about this school. To shorten it. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. ITS THE BEST. Please open a Girls Latin. I have a young daughter and she will be the furst one one the steps.

2014-11-06 07:19

My son attended Boys Latin for 4 years, and I truly believe this was a great choice. The school has a great academic curriculum, and many choices for extra-curricular activities!. It also allows for males to bond, and understand one another without resorting to fisticuffs; conflict resolution is a plus! There is an extremely high graduation rate for young males of color, as well as college enrollment.

Also, after doing research on single gender education, I believe starting from 8th grade to high school, males and females should be separated by gender. If you want to know more, please read: Six Degrees of Separation: "What Teachers Need to Know about the Emerging Science of Sex Differences", by Leonard Sax. Lastly, Dr. Noah Tennant is an awesome administrator who takes the time to listen to the students and parents! And, thank you to Mr. David Hardy for believing in his dream to open Boy's Latin Charter of Philadelphia, as well as Girl's Latin Charter!

2014-11-07 01:09

My son received an awesome education at Boys' Latin class of 2014.

2014-11-07 11:22

I would love to see BL be a Regional School

2014-11-07 16:40

Girls Latin would be great.My oldest Son currently attends Boys Latin and I have seen a tramidiss change in his grades and behavior. I believe that Girls Latin would be a great thing.

2014-11-07 22:38

My son attends BLMS and he has progressed tremendously. An equivalent school for girls is highly needed and have been discussed amongst the community. ...

2014-11-07 23:17

A Girls' Latin is so needed in this City!!
Ms D Smith

2014-11-08 12:35

We have a freshman  that attends boys latin now and even though he was accepted at Carver, Bodine and Pulumbo we decide to gice boys latin a try because of where we see it going and how great it will be. We also have 2 daughters ages 10yrs old and 3yrs old and we have guardianship of our 11yr old niece we would love for this school to be built so that our girls can attend and not have to worry about the everyday issues of being around boys

2014-11-08 13:42

Our girls need this school!!!

2014-11-08 15:07

Girls Latin will be a blessing for Philadelphia

2014-11-08 15:12

GIRLS! GIRLS! GIRLS!
HisMom

2014-11-08 21:11

The Prayers of so many parents would be answered 

2014-11-09 13:45

I think there is a need for more all female charter schools, which will provide academic excellence and give them the best chance to succeed.

2014-11-09 22:14

when will this Girls' Latin will be made 

2014-11-10 13:54

I fully support and would like to help.
a friend

2014-11-10 14:44

GREAT...heres one for the girls!!!!

2014-11-10 23:01

A all girl school oh yes my daughter will be there. I have a son in 10 the to get great scores on the state wild test and to read write short stories and poets. I have a son the in three year of college. I a single mother but with Boys Latin help made my boys young man. Thnaks to all that made this happen.

2014-11-11 00:08

I have been in employed in education in the elementary, secondary, and collegiate level. Success in college and in life requires preparation,dedication, and perspiration; all attributes Boys Latin seems to imbue in their students. I would expect they would do the same with a Girl's component.STEM occupations for too long have not had good representation. from n inner city youth and these types of institutions make that career choice a viable option.

2014-11-11 12:17

It would be wonderful to see a Girl's Latin here, I think alot of our young ladies would benefit greatly from this school.
Juniata

2014-11-11 12:45

This is my son's first year at Boy' Latin, he is a 6th grader. In the past two and half months I have seen a positive change in my son. I think offering girls this same opportunity is an excellent idea. Let's make this more than an idea let's make it reality!!

2014-11-11 12:49

I am product of a single gender high school & know that it offers opportunities for their students. I felt the enriching education at Boys' Latin should be expanded with a girls school.

2014-11-11 14:23

I am a proud parent of Marcell Denmark who attends Boys' Latin Charter 9th-12th.THe school has proven their mission and vision and I am very pleased with the support from the teachers and school family . My son is now a senior and is please to announce that he is persuing a career in Engineer because of the opportunities Boys ' Latin School has provided. I am excited to support the GIrls' Latin Charter school I think it is an awesome idea. l will love for my 5 nieces to attend. 

PROUD PARENT CLASS 2015

Kelly Stith MA. M.Ed

2014-11-11 15:39

My Nephew  Marquies Goes to Boy Latin He on the Crew Team.He has done a Great Job!!! He came in 1st place out 20 boats, while mantain 4.0 with out the support of Boy 's Latin  the  introducing Kid's to a differnt sport he would not had  to find the love of this sport, and I quite sure they will do same for the Girl's

2014-11-12 15:16

Malala would be proud

2014-11-12 19:24

It's about time!