West Liberty University College Hall & Ceramics

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition West Liberty University College Hall & Ceramics.

2015-04-21 23:56

Ceramics is an important part of an art program!

2015-04-22 00:05

Because it's not fair to what the're doing to the students at West Liberty.

2015-04-22 00:07

As a West Liberty student, I enjoyed using both of these facilities, even though I was not an art major. I used the ceramics center with my sorority sisters during a fun evening, and I still use the pieces I made. I have also seen many of the amazing works art students have created there. I went to several music events and Serenades in College Hall and I think it is a beautiful building. The music students need their own place to perform separate from the theater students. I don't understand how any potential cost benefit would outweigh all of the drawbacks and negative effects closing these two facilities would have on not just art students, but all students at the university.

2015-04-22 00:16

Creativity is a must for our future. Keep our kids creative and thinking, bettering mankind and life.

2015-04-22 00:23

These facilities are critical for music and art majors. It they are closed without an alternative it will severely hurt the programs.

2015-04-22 00:24

My sister goes to this University and I don't like that they are taking away classes for she payed for.

2015-04-22 00:27

As a West Liberty alumni, I can't think of a decision that could hurt the school more. Cutting programs and amazing opportunities available to students will not increase funding. These actions will decrease funding, enrollment, and donations. 

2015-04-22 00:31

College Hall is an entirely necessary campus resource. Punishing students or programs for administrative mistakes makes no sense.

2015-04-22 00:38

Why do we always cut the arts/music first? Why not start cutting administrators' salaries that are in the six digits?

2015-04-22 00:40

Signed on behalf of a lover of the arts and that students should always have access to music and arts programs they are very vital pieces to a students education.

2015-04-22 00:52

I SIGNED THIS BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT THE ART PROGRAMS.

2015-04-22 00:55

As a parent of an art student at WLU, this potential action by administrators infuriates me.  My daughter chose to attend WLU because of its art program and the outstanding art professors.   She was drawn to the small ceramic arts studio and values the personal instruction she has received.  Her goal is to attend graduate school and pursue her dream of having her own ceramics studio.   If WLU chooses to no longer offer students the ceramics class, she will be forced to look elsewhere to continue her last year of college.  How can an administration make a decision like this without informing the students?  That is a complete shame considering my daughter just registered for fall ceramics classes three weeks ago.  It makes me wonder just how quickly this decision was made.  It is time to find other options to meet the budget—don’t take it out on the students who have already invested their time and money.

2015-04-22 01:03

My daughter is a graduate of WLU and took ceramic classes while there. She and all of my children have always loved art and music! It is such an important part of life..how can they even think of closing it down.

2015-04-22 01:06

I am a graduate of WLSC . I majored in Art Ed. I can not believe important programs in Art and Music will not be provided for students and a building removed without forethought and planning to replace the location for these programs. Who made this ill-informed unthinkable decision, the former Presidrnt?

2015-04-22 01:20

I think that music and art is very important as it expands the mind and offers comfort for some people. Taking away these places is taking away a piece of someome, of their happiness.
I think the cuts should be look ed into further and better decisions made after all parts are considered

2015-04-22 01:25

I Am a WLU student and these two buildings are extremely important. A lot of majors depend on it

2015-04-22 02:14

To help a friend

2015-04-22 02:46

As a former Music Education Major, I am saddened that the college would even consider closing these buildings. I can't imagine these resources being unavailable to future students. I am hopeful that the college will relocate the classes within these buildings or rebuild them.

2015-04-22 03:41

A student was asked me to

2015-04-22 04:27

What a terrible decision on the part of the West Liberty administration. As an alumnus of West Liberty's music program and a former staff member, this makes me sick. The university needs to provide an alternative space for music program performances and the ceramics class offerings. 

2015-04-22 10:05

Closing the proposed buildings would be a terrible mistake and absolutely disrespectful to West Liberty students.

#47 Re:

2015-04-22 11:17

#12: Kenneth Powell -  

capehart used your money to begin with. That's another thing we should be angry about 

2015-04-22 11:33

When is this closing proposed to take place? Sad that music majors will have to transfer to other colleges to fulfill their degrees if this happens.. You are proposing cutting whole depatments! Someone needs to think about the repercussions of these kinds of decisions.

2015-04-22 11:45

Alumnus of WLU & have three daughters a past student, a grad and a current art student of WLU.

2015-04-22 11:58

West Liberty has been a bastion for the arts in WV for years and years. The fine work of the folks like Al de Jaager and others is now being erased away as these programs are cut due to an incompetent leader. This must be reversed or, I assure you, this school will lose big time...in terms of students applying and public support.