Save The Rock Music Bistro

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save The Rock Music Bistro.

Anonymous

2015-05-20 05:23

We absolutely love this little gem of a venue on the South Coast, the people, the incredible music, the vibe, the food are all amazing, it would be awful if it wasn't their anymore, we visit it regularly on our annual visit to the south coast

2015-05-20 05:45

The Rock has to be the most unique live music venue dedicated to giving a stage to musicians, from all our local musos to musos from around the country and the rest of the world.

The Rock is a music bistro and one of a kind in South Africa and the only one on the South Coast.

Needless to say the beauty of the Rock's surroundings and its seaview with the beach only a few hundred meters away also make just the right place to bring family and friends and also maybe an up coming muso needing an outlet for his talent!

Oh yes I forgot to mention, you will always see hordes of children running around playing in the play section with loads of action for them, watching them admire the musos and enjoying the music makes ones heart skip a beat!!

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO STAY ALIVE!!!

2015-05-20 05:52

We love the Rock as it is the one place you can take your whole family to enjoy live brilliant music!!! The South Coast cannot afford the loss of such a beautiful venue.

2015-05-20 06:06

Have to keep this awesome place open!

2015-05-20 06:10

I live in Umzumbe. I love South African music and I am inspired by the way The Rock can and does promote South African musos. The Rock is also the only entertainment area where locals are welcomed every weekend of the year. Without the Rock I would have to travel to either Hibberdene or South Port for my weekend entertainment and why should I have to do this.

2015-05-20 06:10

This is a wonderful venue for musicians and public to meet and enjoy each other. It is sociable, orderly and well run...a true gem for all. Musicians and prospective audiences are both in desperate need of this outstanding (and only) live music venue on the KZN south coast. It simply has to continue for the good of SA music as it is a well run venue offering opportunities for musicians and audiences to meet. This is becoming scarce around the country but particularly on the KZN south coast where this is the only venue offering this possibility.

2015-05-20 06:19

The ROCK is a vital and intergret part of our local South Coast economy based entirely on TOURISM.  Complainers have obviously not thought of the consequences of loosing the Rock. Umzumbe is a holidaymakers village sporting Pumula Hotel, Mantis Moon backpackers and many B&B's.   Complainers should consider moving to Pumula (Zulu word meaning place of rest) which is a pensioners village.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-05-20 06:52

2015-05-20 06:52

Because I truly believe that The Rock is a great music venue and gives platform to our very talented musicians plus being a great spot to be entertained. Please save The Rock!

2015-05-20 06:54

The Arts are dying and I will do anything to save it.

2015-05-20 07:04

The Rock Music Bistro must rock on .. This great venue is run by the most marvellous hardworking beings & showcases the magic of musicians both locally & internationally. For all who support music, venues such as The Rock are precious gems & should be acknowledged as such by the 'powers that be' who suppress the success of the music business in South Africa.

2015-05-20 07:32

Weare very short of Music venues......this one particularly is needed badly...people are trying to keep it going...support,support!!

2015-05-20 07:38

I think it is sad that people want to close down these places. I grew up listening to live entertainment at restaurants and hotels.
Do we really want to lose live entertainment venues in our city all together. That will be a very sad day.

2015-05-20 08:05

PLEASE DONT CLOSE IT SOUTH COAST NEEDS IT
ITS THE BEST PLACE TO SPEND ONES TIME
AND THEY HAVE SUCH GOOD SOUTH AFRICAN MUSIC

2015-05-20 08:16

The promotion of South African music is absolutely vital to all South Africans and The Rock has established itself as a genuine family-orientated venue for all forms of popular music.

2015-05-20 08:34

As a growing vibrant country, with so many different cultures, and forms of expression, the Arts should not be forgotten. Music is fundamental in every culture, it brings joy and laughter, its good for the soul! There are so few places available to showcase local music; not only should these venues be supported but there should be more venues created.
Craig Jack Lewis

#17 New owners not responsible for previous owners mistakes

2015-05-20 09:06

iSigned . Full support here. I've enjoyed performing there. I can say first hand that the negative influence of the previous owner and his friends holding wild parties is gone, thankfully. I was happy to see calm restored almost instantly when the original owners took the reins over. Hailey and her team has done a fantastic job of repairing the damage caused and sticking rigidly to all rules of the community. On a full night when I've performed, the cutoff time is strictly adhered to as well as a permenant consideration to the community regarding music levels. This was sorely lacking in the loud confrontational approach of the previous owner. Its clear that a few neighbours have been upset. This is however not the case with the current owners and making them pay for someone elses wrong doing is morally questionable. The Rock Bistro is an institution that is well respected in the musicians world as well as a landmark attraction. Closing it down would be detrimental to the South Coast in general. I hope we can enjoy many more years of the creative genius that this venue attracts. 

2015-05-20 09:16

What a shame it would be for a 'rocking' spot like this to shut its doors?! The more exposure we get for our fabulous talent to get out there, the more money, we make from tourism, the more money there is for everyone!! Just add to the pot! Don't continue to take out!! Until there isn't anything left over!!!!!

2015-05-20 09:25

We vist The Rock for both the music and the restaurant. It is the only form of entertainment in Umzumbe as Pumula Hotel is closed to Umzumbe residents

2015-05-20 10:21

I am a muso.

2015-05-20 10:51

It is so sad that something as awesome as a music home for musicians has to be closed due to people thinking they live in a retirement village on the coast. If the music is too loud you're too old! Seriously MOVE!!!! Anything new and exciting on the South Coast is bound to be closed down by the sours that live there!!!!!! Yet, drive through the streets and towns and everything is dilapidated as there is NO MONEY on the South Coast!!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE MAN.
Mikei

2015-05-20 11:51

Music is on of the few ways we get access to bring our souls totally alive .,....those that want to close it down should that though they might not intend it conciously ...to stop music and sound flowing , instead of listening to it , even if now and then its slightly inconvenient then i wear earwax  plugs to sleep

to stop thye music ... is no differenct to cutting down the trees - music is already relegated to IPOD players CD PLAyers where you cannot group togther as bunch of souls and share it

Keeping live music alive is imporatn because, laugh if you may, but its truly a dying species

2015-05-20 12:04

Wonderful venue, wonderful music, wonderful food, wonderful vibe. Good for the Hibiscus Coast.

2015-05-20 12:14

There are precious few venues in KZN who support the REAL musicians and provide a platform for them to share their magic with so many others. Silly vendettas like this have a devastating effect and there is no positive outcome for anyone. Please people, there is enough negativity and real crap in this world without you causing more over something like this on principle. Get a frikkin life!

2015-05-20 12:19

The Rock is an important cultural & social meeting space, not only for locals & up country holiday makers, it is fast becoming recognised internationally & more importantly, it is beginning to fit comfortably into South Africa's cultural transformation agenda. It's this transformation that certain residents in the area seem to be objecting too.