Letter to the board

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Letter to the board.

2015-06-15 13:17

We are opposed to a fitness center anywhere in the main clubhouse building. Thank you to the member starting this petition.

2015-06-15 18:09

I see no reason for us to invest in a fitness center when just recently two very large workout centers have been built at University Mall less than a mile and 1/2 away.

2015-06-15 18:19

Thank you to the authors of this petition.  May I suggest that the Presidents of playing groups at the club, i.e. SMGA, WGA etc be asked to forward the petition to all of their members. It's unlikely the club will post the information on our E-Newsletter.  I fear that a monthly dues increase or assessment for a fitness center will result in valuable members departing the club.

#4 Re: fitness center

2015-06-15 19:48

#3: -  

we cannot ask to,put this on group websites because that would require board approval. Please forward to anybody you think might be interested. Thanks for your support. . .BJ

deerkeeper

2015-06-16 00:55

I think the community has enough fitness centers in the area. The club needs to be able to use all the available space when needed. If the lower level is designated as fitness only.....the club will be short on needed space. If there are members who really desire a fitness area...why not look at the space beneath the pro shops? I'm not sure there's enough of a "need" to take the entire lower level of the club house. In conclusion. How about putting $$$ toward the redo of the AC unit first before a fitness area? It seems to be an ongoing "hot" issue.

2015-06-16 02:03

I have heard from multiple people that if the club had a fitness center they would be more inclined to join.

#7 Re: fitness center

2015-06-16 11:34

#6: -  

i have heard from many many people that they will consider quitting the club if the lower level becomes a fitness center. I wonder if we will get enough new people to overcome that loss. Do we not owe long time members some loyalty, or are we all about new younger people? I don't want to belong to a club where new younger people are more valuable than current members.

2015-06-16 13:21

Well written and to the point. We don't need a stress on the budget, especially when it ties up space that is used, for meetings, meals for groups, and other activities.

2015-06-16 23:13

Do not want exercise/fitness center in club. We do not have enough shower space for users of the fitness area.

2015-06-19 19:15

I think it would be a mistake to turn the rooms on the lower level of the club house into a gym. They are lovely spaces for private parties or when there are large receptions or parties upstairs so the membership can have dinner down there. This is too drastic an idea not to have the whole membership vote on it. Most members belong to a fitness center or club & don't need such a facility. This is a terrible mistake to think of doing such a thing.