GREY LYNN PUMP TRACK

GREY LYNN PUMP TRACK / Announcements / GREY LYNN PUMP TRACK presentation to the Waitamata Local Board. / Comments

2015-08-05 09:00

Will do my best Paul... Bummer about the time... Should be later.. Traffic and dinner time etc etc

2015-08-05 09:11

Paul,
I will be overseas next week so can not attend but support the pump track. Our city needs more places to ride, not only for opportunities to play but for kids to connect with their passion. BMX kids go on to all kinds of cycling and pump tracks can ignite a love for cycling that can take them around the world.
Keep it up,
Brent

2015-08-05 20:16

Hi, this is a fantastic concept and one that I fully support. I do not have knowledge of he planning around the grey Lynn park yet I do know that Fowlds park in western springs and chamberlin golf course in Mt Albert are in planning stages for multi development usage, and these concepts have not been finalised. The pump track could be a concept for not only GreyLynn, yet could be rolled out within other parks absorbing the planning, structural and creation costs across the city? Making the concept more attractive to council? This facility offers scope in many ways, physical activity for the population is restricted as urban growth increases, traffic increases deterring individuals from pursuing natural forms of transport, walking/cycling. Anything that offers physcial exercise to generations in a natural environment creates a conscious mind set for life around outdoor accessibility. Well done guys !!!!

2015-08-05 20:22

Hey Paul, sounds good. Do you have a proposal you can share with us at this time, or is it all quite preliminary at this stage?

Cheers, Aaron

#5 Re:

2015-08-05 20:24

#3: -  

Good call. Pump Tracks should be put forward for any open space scheduled for major development.