Allow Body Art in Tremonton, Utah

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Allow Body Art in Tremonton, Utah.

2015-09-05 02:47

The Tax base goes to Tremonton city would the city council rather us go elsewhere and support local economy there? This is a violation of constitional right to free enterprise. Cassi not being allowed to postpone to appear in front of the coucil meeting is a violation of due process by constitional rights. Everyone should show up to the city council meeting,thoes who support this, and inform the city coucil that their positions are recalled and they are excused as they are public servents. Only serving thier beleifs and not thoes of the general public. 

2015-09-05 03:23

Cassi Snell is great she deserves a fair chance not to be shot down in a heartbeat !!!

2015-09-05 04:40

I feel this establishment is trying to make an honest living and should be allowed to continue as an asset to the community of Tremonton . People should be able to use their talents .

2015-09-05 05:41

Cassi has done a wonderful job with Mystyle there should be no reason for them to remove tattoo from the business. Cassi is a wonderful tattoo artist, she expresses the way people feel through there tattoo. Mystyle is a place were every one is welcome, the business is a wonderful place.

2015-09-05 07:14

I signed this petition because I believe that Tremonton Utah could truly benefit from having this kind of revenue. Tremonton residents will still get tattoos whether in Tremonton or not. Might as well have it benefit our town.

2015-09-05 17:32

Its like people drawing on paper but instead of paper its body and people want to express themselves by putting art on other people

2015-09-05 18:52

Good luck. They should just leave you alone and let you make your living.

2015-09-05 20:46

Tattoos are art a form of personal expression. For most people each tattoo tells a story. It's a visual time line of a person's life. It's our right to be free to express our views our struggles and our accomplishments. Documents, pictures and things can be lost or destroyed in an instant, but a tattoo stays with you wherever you go. It's something unique to the individual. Tattoos are beautiful, I hope tremonton changes their mind and let's My style stay.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-09-05 20:55

Rose

#60 #6 Really???

2015-09-05 20:57

#7: - Re:  

There always has to one doesn't there. A negative Nancy who hates on everyone and everything no matter what. Ugh! It's people like you that stop small towns from being progressive. I support small businesses and especially small business women it's harder for them in this man driven world. 

2015-09-05 22:09

I got a tattoo at het shop when on vacation to see family, it was a very nice shop people were professional. This will generate income to the town, county as I don't think there is another shop very close, why should the owner be punished for something she could not prevent, I'm sure the hospital was not planned for the night of meeting, if this is how the town treats new business owners why would anyone else want to start a business there

2015-09-05 22:31

I feel like mistakes happen and this town needs small businesses to flourish and not close. Tremonton needs to embrace change.

2015-09-06 01:14

I love tattoos, I have various tats myself and I plan on getting more I don't care what anyone thinks...it's my body I do what i want with it......

2015-09-06 01:14

Tremonton needs business growth.

2015-09-06 03:23

I think it's atrocious that a city would be so underhanded to revoke a business license over a single failure (less than .25% of the total business that's been done there just in tattoos) where separate punishment has also been meted out and met; above and beyond that, to do so without making allowances for the business owner to even be present at the meeting seems like a town bent on shutting down a business whether it is on honorable terms or not. Is it that one teen got an unauthorized tattoo that's the concern, or that someone in town is providing tattoos to people who want them? This just makes it seem like the town and the locals are intolerant and closed-minded and wanted to capitalize on an unforeseen situation to get what they want, or there wouldn't have been a problem with allowing the owner to be present after getting out of the hospital.
Vincent Tyler

#66 Re:

2015-09-06 06:00

#9: -  

Um...you know you're in Utah right?

2015-09-07 01:54

I signed it. I am very proud of my tattoos and wouldn't give them up for anything. I think that this is ridiculous and people need to stop hating..... Its not our fault that you had a very strict scrappy child hood so stop taking it out on us and go get a tattoo and see how amazing and beautiful they are!!!!

2015-09-07 02:57

I signed this petition because I feel that it is not the governments (local or national) decision on what I do with my body. I feel very strongly that the city took advantage of the unfortunate circumstances to push their own agenda.

2015-09-07 03:31

I support body art and freedom of expression

2015-09-07 13:23

It's a totally legit business. If someone doesn't like it, don't go in, just like you wouldn't go eat at a restaurant you don't ike.

2015-09-07 13:29

I believe people should be able to express with body art. Cassie has a clean shop and many customers. Also was featured in the newspaper why would you shut it down?

2015-09-07 23:13

Simple: They should not have got shut down.

2015-09-07 23:39

Yes, ONE MISTAKE was made... Tremonton, please try to remember that we all make mistakes and nobody is perfect! She clearly recieved the court punishment in order to make the shop better, so why is she being punished a second time and unable to prove herself? That shop has brought so much lively hood to Tremonton!!! Give her another chance, everyone deserves it!!

2015-09-07 23:48

I think it was unfair to allow the meeting to go on even though Cassi was hospitalized and unable to defend herself. I believe Cassi and her business deserve a chance to be heard.
Chet

#75 Nope

2015-09-08 13:30

I had heard about this from friends. Now I've heard the story from the parents. This wasn't a mistake you thought you'd get away with it. Funny Tremonton unanimous voted you in, but NOW they're a bunch of closed minded jerks because you broke the law and blame them.  Kudos to everyone who blames their problems on someone else. I've seen some of the stuff that came from the shop- the piercer has no clue what she's doing and Cassi tattooed the minor and broke the law. And PS, I'm not LDS and I'm not against small business, I go out of my way to put money into small businesses. Funny how the liquor store in this town never has a problem, oh wait, Bob doesn't sell to minors... Your small minded bigoted argument just went out the window.