Allow Body Art in Tremonton, Utah

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Allow Body Art in Tremonton, Utah.

2015-09-04 14:04

Very sad that this had to happen, how does this encourage people to open up a business and make a living..everyone is always saying keep it local, support small business...and by taking away the licence to do Tats just exactly how is that supporting small business!! come on Tremonton..get it together!!

2015-09-04 14:08

i signed the petition because i can only imagine what it's like to put all of someones money on the line, and to just watch it all get blown away can tear someone up really bad so i feel that is someone is willing to put that much risk up then i think that they should reap all the rewards. and i feel the My Style should have there tattoo dept. open again.

2015-09-04 14:28

People really need to lighten up just because some of us have tattoos and these people are talented artists to provide the art work doesn't make any of us criminals or drug addicts

2015-09-04 14:34

Cassi I love your work. If you need anything else please let me know. I'll be there any way I can be to help.

2015-09-04 15:53

I was able to get a tattoo at this establishment and was impressed with her skill and the cleanliness of the shop. She should be allowed to continue doing body art. What most people do not understand is it is much better to go to a professional, and if one is not available then you have a lot of home tattoo artist that are glad to do tattoos. She has gone through all the steps and was able to get a business license. She should be allowed to continue her business. She has put a lot of time, and money into this shop.

2015-09-04 16:03

Come on Tremonton, for claiming to be a progressive town, you sure do live in the stone age.

2015-09-04 16:04

It is the only tattoo shop in box elder county. I feel that the city/county are a little close minded. This small business owner shouldn't be shut down only to have all her business sent to another county...

2015-09-04 16:08

I personally do not have tattoos, but would never stop someone from getting one if they choose that for themselves. The city wants the community to shop locally, but then the city council puts a stop to a successful business...I don't believe one incident is grounds for a business license denial. When I drive by the spa I don't ever see anything that would disrupt our community. I believe in second chances and I hope the city council can too!

2015-09-04 17:01

I think people in tremonton need to understand tattoos are a art form and a way of expression not to identify criminals a drug abusers...need more open minded people in governing positions

2015-09-04 17:06

I myself work 2 full time jobs to support myself and pay my bills as well as doing personal in home based businesses! Small businesses like cassi snells shop supports me in my in home based business by allowing me to advertise in her small business! I know she started from scrap and was about to loose everything including her home and family! She opened this business in hopes of not loosing everything she loved and needed! And now that she is successful why do you want to take away such a thing that she loves to do, as well as it supporting her and her family as well as the community, it's not just tattoos! It's a 1 stop shop! & convenient for many! Why rip this out from under her, her family, & the rest of the community when she's put all her sweat and tears into this shop! I personally do not have tattoos and probably never will, but I don't judge those who do! So why should anybody else!!! I support small businesses! Good luck cassi and Thank you for supporting me also! :-)

2015-09-04 17:17

Every business has a right to show their work. I believe these guys have just as much right as any other company

#37 Re: Re:

2015-09-04 17:46

#7: - Re:  

"this hole"...really? Have you ever been there? Have you met the owner, or are you just against tattoo's and free enterprise?

2015-09-04 18:35

I signed because we need to keep our businesses local, and we need to let people have the freedom to choose what they want for themselves. I have never been to the shop, but have always been excited that there is actually a shop like this in Tremonton. We need all the small businesses we can get.

2015-09-04 18:51

I have never liked tatoos but for heavens sake there are a lot worse things she could be doing to support herself like a whore house or crack house!!! Stop harassing her just because tatoos aren't your thing!!
Kiki

2015-09-04 19:10

This is the most unjust thing I have EVER heard!!! The city had no right to take that away I guarantee hundreds of minors get tattoos all the time in UTAH and those ships don't get shut down! I think the city shouldn't get to decide what businesses can and can't do its suppose to be the land of the free!!! I bet at least one of the people on "The Counsel" has a tattoo!! Ridiculous!!

2015-09-04 20:03

I signed this petition because the owner of the salon is in a battle against a group of city council people who are all of the LDS faith. The LDS faith teaches that tatoos are not right in God's eyes. So this council is obviously putting religion into politics. The owner of the salon should contact the ACLU. The public exposure will help her cause.

2015-09-04 20:12

People should be able to express them selfs anyway they want, where ever they want, when ever they want!

2015-09-04 20:15

Because I think it's a great idea. I want her to do some tatoos for me ...

2015-09-04 20:20

I am so proud of all the work Cassi Snell had put into this shop. The amount of love and support from the community is overwhelming. City council needs to see that one slip doesn't mean being done all together, it means you get punished and you try again. Why take a business away that is so supported by the community, and make itseem that they are doing what's best for the community. Letting new business in town will help expand and help bring in more people and help support other small business owners. Tremonton city council needs to stop being so selfish and stop thinking they know what is best for the whole town.

2015-09-04 22:31

Because the overly conservative standards in utah need to be adjusted for the times. These older way of thinking and beliefs might have been the standard fifty years ago, the need to be modernized. It's no wonder that this state has a decline of our of state and country visitors.

Ask yourself this....
If you weren't living in this state, would you want to visit it and be told you couldn't live a lifestyle because our out of date rules and regulations say that you can't?

2015-09-04 23:43

To keep ludicrous laws from becoming reality. Everyone has the freedom to express their personal image and the includes tattoos.

2015-09-04 23:59

Cassi deserves a chance like everyone else!!! Her business was thriving and the city came and took it away!!! Bring back tattoos and keep business local!!!

2015-09-05 00:04

Because my style is a good place of business. They do a really good job

2015-09-05 00:44

People need to remember everyone is different and just because you don't like certain things or they do things don't doesn't mean it's bad or they are bad people!!! We should support everyone and not judge!! There for I think the shop should stay open!! You know we should support people trying to make a living for themselves instead of having to pay for another person who don't want to work and just work the system!!  I know they made a mistake but it similar to a gas station selling alcohol or cigarettes to a minor they don't shut them down!! Let's have a open mind and let it stay open!

2015-09-05 01:43

Because I believe there are many people in Box Elder County that choose to get tattoos and they shouldn't have to go out of town for it.