Education before SSA discrimination

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Education before SSA discrimination.

2015-09-24 20:35

I AM FOURTEEN. THE SEXUALIZATION OF MY BODY IS NOT MY PROBLEM. YOU SHOULD NOT BE SEXUALIZING A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD.
YOU SHOULD NOT BE TEACHING YOUNG GIRLS THAT THEIR BODIES ARE INHERENTLY SEXUAL OR INAPPROPRIATE. WE ARE PEOPLE NOT OBJECTS. STOP POLICING MY WARDROBE! I FEEL MORE CONFIDENT WEARING THINGS THAT ARE TIGHTER AND ITS WARM OUT I AM WEARING SHORTS.

2015-09-24 20:51

STOP SSA! ARE YOU PAYING MORE ATTENTION TO WHAT I AM WEARING THAN MY EDUCATION? REMOVE SSA AND ALLOW STUDENTS TO WEAR WHATEVER THEY DESIRE WITH A FEW RESTRICTIONS . NO SAGGING, NO GRAPHIC TSHIRTS. THANKYOU. PLEASE VALUE MY EDUCATION MORE THAN WHAT I AM WEARING.

2015-09-24 21:10

I signed this petition because my daughter complained that her teacher told her to dress "lady like" My daughter dresses appropriately and I did not know that girls had to dress a specific way. It's time to say Goodbye To SSA

2015-09-24 23:23

I am a parent and I do not appreciate having to take off of work to bring my child a pair of pants because the lining on their pants makes them look like denim this is ridiculous and needs to stop 

2015-09-24 23:58

Jeans are not a distraction in a learning environment. I remember being pulled out of class for having blue pants. It's not worth losing class time over.
Hi

2015-09-25 01:13

For all you guys posting fake names... You do realize you have to confirm your signature in your email that you put.. I understand though I also hate ssa and hope for it to get rid of, but at least confirm your signature to help get rid of it that's how it when's

2015-09-25 01:26

Because our education is more important than our attire.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-09-25 03:19

David Samy

2015-09-25 04:11

I am affected by the ssa policy and many others. This policy is a stab at our rights as students to wear the clothes we desire that is not in anyway disturbing the laws of the state of Tennessee or the United States of America. The SSA policy gets many students in trouble when all they have done is wear the wrong colored hoodie or shirt and it is more a hurt then help honestly none of the teachers like it or like writing kids up and having a student get angry at them for being forced to write them up, students are angered when teachers write them up for something as pathetic as just a red shirt, and parents are mad that they have to purchase new clothes every year for the school year. I see teachers get mad when kids don't stand for the pledge and yell at students saying "people died to give you this freedom you enjoy right now be thankful" and then 3 seconds later they write up a student for wearing a hoodie with no zipper in it saying " hey sorry you can't it's not my fault nothing we can do about it you're not allowed to wear this and that" well what just happened to that freedom you want to talk about. Wearing bla k jeans with no holes and are not too skinny what's wrong with that??? Is that public indecency??? Just stop the suffering and end all of this and the SSA policy... thank you for your time have a great day everyone.

2015-09-25 12:57

One day I got in trouble for wearing leggings that look like jeans but I didn't know and I missed part of my AP world history class and some of the notes that could have helped me with a test
apblues

2015-09-25 12:59

One day I got in trouble for wearing leggings that look like jeans but I didn't know and I missed part of my AP world history class and some of the notes that could have helped me with a test

2015-09-25 17:59

No esa is confines my personal artística ablity

2015-09-25 19:50

Yea and curby beds to stop really
The creative minds

#39 Re: Follow The Rules

2015-09-26 22:36

#11: Squillz105 - Follow The Rules 

Your ignorant. We want change we want creativity and freedom. ANTIOCH HEAR US NOW! We are losing valuable school time trapped in iss over a shirt!?!? Are you serious. We need to express our selves. We want to feel open and safe at school. We want to be able to express ourselves. Hayden your afraid of being bullied. Really. You can wear SSA. But it shouldn't be forced upon everyone. I want to express myself..I want to wear what makes me comfortable. I don't want to spend 30$ on a school appropriate shirt. I'm sorry but we are a low funded school. Stop making us waste money on these clothes. When we could be buying school supplies. We can't express ourselves when we get jobs. So why make us fit into these uniforms now? We don't have long to enjoy and express ourselves as teens. So please listen ANTIOCH WE WANT YOU TO LISTEN.  

Whip and nae nae

#40 Saa

2015-10-02 14:54

Teachers :ssa forver

me: im leaving im gone

2015-10-13 00:58

i am tired of the ssa

#42 Re: who is this

2015-10-13 01:01

#35: -  

2016-03-10 13:54

because they focus more at school attire then they do education. they rather us sit in iss and miss a school lesson then to be in class learning like everyone else