Fosters Recreation Facility and Water Park at Exit 62 Fosters AL

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Fosters Recreation Facility and Water Park at Exit 62 Fosters AL.

RED NECK

2015-10-13 17:54

It would give us many jobs and we want have to drive very far but fosters is a quite little town that really doesnt need to be messed with. they already are building a dollor genral there so they dont need to build anything  else go to Bowers park.

2015-10-13 17:55

I believe this would bring a lot of fun to Fosters considering it's such a small place. And there will be plenty of job opportunities.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-10-13 17:56

BRAN

2015-10-13 17:56

its would change this area tremendously !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially BRANDON MURPHY THANKS

2015-10-13 18:00

I want something new and exciting for the community.

2015-10-14 02:35

Because we need new things in Fosters for our children..

2015-10-14 03:13

Fosters has nothing for kids our age to do forreal & something like this would be great for us!!
Shakeya

2015-10-14 03:14

Would be something good for us to do down here... won't be as boring as it is now! 

#34 Re: Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga

2015-10-15 03:36

#21: EyesWideOpen - Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga 

Cut the crap and talk plain Engish please!! If this is of no interest to you then keep scrolling. The majority of residents here want this with the exception of the a few. Why do you care what goes on here while you are floating in a therapeutic pool with your kids in the nearby swimming pool 2 miles from your house. 

EyesWideOpen

#35 Re: Re: Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga

2015-10-15 17:19

#34: - Re: Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga 

I believe I was speaking English and not German.  Not my responsibility if you don't possess comprehensive skills.  Crap is what y'all are signing up for and around 110 signatures don't even reside in Foster's so don't speak about majority it makes you seem even more incompetent. 

Preservation of Foster's should be the agenda but if wallowing with HOGS is more lucrative then by all means.

Good Luck 

2015-10-15 17:25

I've lived here all my life and this would be great for our community. Much needed!!!!

2015-10-15 19:28

Bc this is something all kids and adults can do to have fun,and also we wouldn't have to keep paying money to out of our county to enjoy something like this...

2015-10-15 20:54

I would suggest to the naysayers that you visit several of the P.A.R.A. community centers around the County, especially the Fawcett Center in Northport and the Bobby Miller Center in Taylorville for some ideas of the possibilities for Fosters.
Jim Colby, 57 years Fosters resident

2015-10-16 11:36

It will bring revenue for the county and create jobs.

2015-10-16 14:31

I signed this petition because I would love to see more exciting places for the kids to enjoy themselves! They need more positive venues and entertainment for our children!!!!

#41 Re: Re: Re: Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga

2015-10-16 18:03

#35: EyesWideOpen - Re: Re: Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga 

You seem so childish about expressing your feelings. Lol 

Your only problem now is convincing your neighbors to vote against it. Funny thing is there is a hard copy as well with 600 names on it. So I think I know my information due to that this isn't the only petition floating around!! Get your facts straight before you start blowing off at the mouth again and making yourself look like the idiot you are!! 

Run Run because it's coming if you like it or not!!

2015-10-16 18:07

This is the most awesome idea ever!! Will be great for the community!!

2015-10-16 22:42

The Fosters area would be perfect for this facility. There is not anything on that end of the county and I believe it would be a very used resource for the community.
Martha Collins Braughton

#44 Community Center

2015-10-16 23:40

Fosters had a community center right up to the signing of the deeds, but Joe Burroughs, Elizabeth Abrasley, and the PRIVATE CLUB OF FOSTERS refused to allow the community center to be named after my father, Adrian Collins. I was led to believe I would be able to have input on the naming of the community center until almost the summer of 2015. But according to email written by Erin Wiggins of PARA as early as January 2015 the name had been decided-McDaniel Community Center. Everyone forgot to tell me! The deal was the PRIVATE CLUB OF FOSTERS would allow their 10 acres of land and I had offered to gift 25 acres of land and I would sell 50 acres of land at less than market value in exchange for my being able to name the community center after my father, Adrian Collins. I truly wanted the Fosters community to have a state of art community center, they truly deserved it.  This has been a dream of mine since 2003. In 2003, I assisted PARA and Commissoner Murray to give Fosters the Braughton Park.  Just a taste of what PARA could possibly do for Fosters in the future. But the FOSTERS PRIVATE CLUB, Joe Burroughs, and Elizabeth Abrasely wanted to control who, what, when and where the Community Club existed.  By the way, anyone interested in looking at the deed for McDaniel Park. Pete McDaniel gifted the FOSTERS COMMUNITY, not the PRIVATE CLUB OF FOSTERS, 10 acres of land as long as it was used for children athletic programs in the 1960's.  Once there were no children programs, the land reverted back to Pete McDaniel estate and to his heir, Martha Braughton. In the 1980's the FOSTERS COMMUNITY CLUB changed into the PRIVATE CLUB OF FOSTERS.  This was done to keep the Fosters clique and "blue bloods" in total control of McDaniel Park. If you lived in Fosters for any length of time then you well know that there has not been a children's athletic program since late 1970's or early 1980's.  In 2003, when I leased to PARA 16 acres long term for the Braughton Park for $1 per acre per year, I had to actually  begin a lawsuit against the PRIVATE CLUB OF FOSTERS to allow PARA to use and maintain the McDaniel Ball Field.  The PRIVATE CLUB OF FOSTERS retained the use of the Butler metal building even thoough Pete McDaniel paid the builing loan off in the 1980's. Other than $16 dollars a year I have never received in other benefits from the park.

Now do the people of Fosters realize this 107/87 acre property is property once owned by Danny Butler and has been foreclosed on by Alabama One. The foreclosed loan is in the range of several million dollars. This land is wetlands held strictly by Alabama State Department Environmental Management regulations.  Last I heard if you develop wetlands you have to replace them or be fined.  So now, not only will the purchase of land with millions of foreclosed loans have to be paid for, Tuscaloosa County will have to buy other wetlands acreage to replace each acre of wetlands developed.  So now we have 2 land purchases.  Now can anyone guess how backfill it will take to bring this land to level of Holly Springs Road/Interstate Exit road for a water park? Tuscaloosa County is fixing to spend alot of their money reserves and I mean a lot!

But I have been told I do not know what I am talking about because 1. I am a woman and women don't know about men/business  things, 2.I will never be able to prove it. Oh!!I forgot I have probated deeds and public emails. 3.Is it fact? Or is it rumor?? Who knows ??? Somebody had better be careful or the Tuscaloosa County financial situation could be worse than Alabama ONE! Bottom Line I lived in Fosters until 1978 and and Pete McDaniel bequeathed me over 800 acres of land in Fosters upon his death and to this day I pay land taxes on the land I own. Fosters Community is the last community in Tuscaloosa to receive any true help.  Don't our children deserve the best we can give them?  Don't the elderly deserve to be taken care of??? Does Fosters deserve to be treated as the old saying says- no offense to redheads or stepchildren- both are gifts from God- Red-headed step children!  My Dad always said you always need to remember where you came from because you will back before you die and you always want to leave this earth in better shape than when you found it. He also said each and every one of us has the responsiblilty to give back more than we take in our lifetime because that is what makes your life worthwhile.  I am hear to tell you I am proud of my father Otis Adrian(O.A.) Collins and I hope he looks down at me and is as proud me as I am of him.  Fosters I really tried to help you and I am wishing  you get this Community Center because you so sincerely deserve it.  God  Bless!

2015-10-18 02:22

I think it would be great !
Concerned citizen..

#46 Re:

2015-10-19 18:32

#16: countrylivingmatters -  

I agree. Worst idea ever. I like the idea of a community center but water park. Ugh:( please rethink this idea. 

No name needed

#47 Re: Re: Re: Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga

2015-10-19 20:03

#35: EyesWideOpen - Re: Re: Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga 

I totally agree if you don't live it community you shouldn't have a say! 

2015-10-19 21:33

Because the cities of Fosters, Ralph, and Romulus are growing and more families are moving into the area. Facilities such as the ones being petitioned for, will make it more convenient than having to drive to Tuscaloosa or down 69 South.

2015-10-19 22:08

The County Commission had been in dealings to acquire long ago but had to cool heels to ensure not to get snared in the investigation of Danny and credit union.  I see many of Danny's ole buddies and ex girlfriends signing maybe their hoping they get special treatment again.  Petition is a joke.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-10-20 13:58