Fosters Recreation Facility and Water Park at Exit 62 Fosters AL

Not for this

2015-10-20 14:01

My husband and I were both raised in fosters. We raised two children here. We love living in the country. If we wanted to live in town we would have lived there. If yall want to live in town you need to move there.  and if so many people in Ralph want this, why don't someone in Ralph sale para some land and take all the traffic with it.  

2015-10-20 14:09

My husband and I were both raised in fosters. We raised two children here. We love living in the country. If we wanted to live in town we would have lived there. If yall want to live in town you need to move there.  and if so many people in Ralph want this, why don't someone in Ralph sale para some land and take all the traffic with it.  Sharon Quarles

D

#53 NO

2015-10-20 17:20

NO< NO>NO>NO>NO   looks like im going to have to move if this happens

2015-10-21 14:55

Fosters deserves a facility for recreation and water park within a their own community.
b.boogaloo

#55 Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga

2015-11-03 00:13

#17: EyesWideOpen - Alabama - The Pig Saga 

You may have a point there, Buddy.  Yes, the guy in prison is a hog and I worry about him showing back up if he gets out in December.  He is not wanted here.  Neither are his pals who help him, but we do not always have a choice and have to make the best of it when working with folks we don't have a choice about.  No good answer either way. 

b.boogaloo

#56 Re: Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga

2015-11-03 00:14

#19: Let's be honest - Re: Alabama - The Pig Saga 

I think our pal is more talking about the hogs that feed at the trough.  There have been planty to go around.  It is not Fosters community members or PARA our pal is talking about.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-11-03 00:16

Diane S. Oraif

#58 Thank you Ms. Broughton

2015-11-03 01:11

I for one would like to thank Ms. Broughton for all she has done for this community.  Clearly, this woman has only the best intentions, and did not or does not profit off her generosity other than a piece of mind in doing what has been a long family tradition of helping others and the community as a whole. There are wonderful stories of generosity of her father and then of her step-father, both the kind of men that are of legend and rarely seen today.  She asked for little to nothing in return and got little to nothing in return, except I fear perhaps a whole heap of heart ache.  Hugs to you, Ms Broughton, and it might take some sorting out of the facts before folks undertand the entire dynamics of this.  

That being said, things are not always as people guess they might be.  I am not sure many of you are aware of who donated the use of the land that Fosters park - Broughton Park and McDaniel field sit on.  It was Ms. Broughton.  Please do not think for one moment that she is getting rich off this.  Riches come in other ways rather than in dollars.  Ms. Broughten's riches are for her kind heart.  So please, all of you, take a moment of gratitude and thank her.  

In time this whole mess will be straightened out.  I hope not too many people are taken down with it.  It is in our community's best interest if folks would spend time reading news articles and understanding the Alabama One / Danny Butler issues.  Only then we can talk as a community on who the "hogs" are that someone above humorously mentioned.  All one need do is read a few news articles and it becomes abundantly clear who those hogs are, who have bilked many innocent people out of money by illegal loans, fraud, deception, and con artistry.  These "hogs" are private individuals who have elbowed each other for a place to put their finger in the pie, and gotten huge sums of cash and other benefits from Danny Butler's illegal deals. Many of those benefits included "cars, condos and skyboxes" as one Credit Union Times article describes. I do not know which of the lawyers, politicians, bankers, used car salesmen are truly the hogs, but time will eventually sort out which ones are. They got many perks from being Danny Butler's bankers and those that would serve the "god of money."  We as a community must demand better from this from the people who serve the public such as bankers, lawyers and politicians, some of who clearly will be proven, in time, to be HOGS.  The Bar association will take care of the lawyers, state and federal bank regulators will take care of the bankers, but it's up to we the voters to root out dishonest politicians and "vote 'em out!" Let's open our eyes and decide who they are based on fact, and get people in who will demand honesty.  They have made a mockery of our community, and now they are asking the tax payer to foot the bill--whether it is through a bankruptcy or a land sale. 

At least we got a grocery store and a Chevron out of the deal and didn't have to be criminals to get it.  This saga is far from over and it is my hope that in the end, whether it be on Holly Springs Lane or at the current Broughton Park, we will get something more for our community.  

BY THE WAY:  Does Butler truly believe he can live in this community after he gets out? Or are y'all going to get stars in your eyes and glorify someone who appears to have big bucks, which by the way were all obtained from cheating good folks?  

2016-01-14 12:40

I'm signing this petition because I love growth and the leadership from our commissioner.