Water Crisis in Ekurhuleni

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Water Crisis in Ekurhuleni.

2015-11-17 13:53

Because every voice can make a difference and the power of one when united is irrepresible

2015-11-17 19:00

Because I have a vested interest in its speedy resolution, as I am a resident of Ekurhuleni also.

2015-11-18 03:24

So that we don't have a repetition of what happened in September and November this year-no running water!

2015-11-18 08:18

To assist the DA with all their hard work in sorting out the problems in SA.. keep up the good work.

2015-11-18 08:47

Because this is the second time this has happened in my Ward. Rand Water admitted that this was the biggest disaster that they had had in their 107 year history earlier this year. Eddie Zinto from Rand Water's Zuikerbosch Processing Plant said in a presentation to the Ekurhuleni's Water and Energy Oversight Committee that they would rather shut off the Northridge Reservoir than let it run dry again. Rand Water let their reservoir run dry for the second time in 14 months. They need to answer for their incompetence

2015-11-18 12:22

Because the ANC is a distructive and corruptive party and we need to stand together and vote them out...

2015-11-18 13:08

because to much waste is on the go

2015-11-18 13:52

I'm gatvol of a corrupt government stealing our tax money to enrich themselves! They feel feathers for people starving and suffering to stay alive. No public services in this country is in good working order anymore.

2015-11-18 14:36

It is important that we stand up and fight this scourge together, our beautiful country is not be same anymore because the people that we have put our trust into to manage our resources and our land is doing a terrible job and worst of all, they are not man enough to admit it !!!!!!

2015-11-18 14:38

Because I am sick and tired of the inept management of the metro, both from a service delivery point of view as well as from financial and administrative mismanagement.

2015-11-18 14:44

Corruption of the tax payers money by the ANC government has gone beyond reason. They blamed apartheid for many wrongs but are worse. Have brought the once beautiful South Africa to its knees. I am still proudly South African an hope the next elections will bring about change so badly needed for SA to get off its knees.

2015-11-18 14:59

Concern for my country and it's residents

2015-11-18 15:22

The mismanagement by the ANC government & failure to distribute financial resources to maintain & develop all public services & infrastructure must STOP.

2015-11-18 15:53

Rand Water Board is as badly managed as Eskom.

2015-11-18 15:57

Very concerned about lack of water management by government.

2015-11-18 17:00

Peeved that the water situation is a reoccurrence of the 2014 debacle meaning that absolutely nothing has been done by both Rand Water or Ekurhuleni Metro to rectify the problems that existed then and that neither party will admit to what the actual problem was that the resevoirs ran dry and it was not that there was a sudden demand for more water because of the heatwave they lie to us because they think we are stupid like the majority of the population

2015-11-18 17:13

Bacause I pay rates and taxes and Ekurhuleni run by the ANC is not utilising the funds accordingly. Rand Water Board is also not complying and that is why we are waterless. Mismanagement of funds and empty promises.

2015-11-18 17:15

Because we really have to stand together against this government of corruption. Get out of the rut we in and take the future of South Africa forward. No more hate, no more crime, so I support DA.

2015-11-18 17:28

I agree that the government is failing the people of South Africa.

2015-11-18 17:44

We have a right to clean water and proper maintenance of the water services.

2015-11-18 18:43

Because I am tired of poor infrastructure

2015-11-18 19:38

Its long past due that the ANC is stopped from totally ruining our beautiful land with their poor decision making. We as a nation are sick to the depths of our souls, of watching Zuma and his cronies,take our land down the slippery slopes, to the abyss of despair, filling their pockets with blood money. Our hard earned money is taxed to pieces, month after month, wastefully frittered away without shame, before our eyes. We fear growing old and being discarded,once we have no further active income, as citizens who as youngsters, poured our life blood, into the soil of our land, only to find it all to no avail. Stop the ANC now, its already so late to rescue what is left.

2015-11-18 20:52

I signed this petition because my area is governed by Ekurhuleni and I haven't had water for two weeks because of their mismanagement. Fed up by the ANC that fails to deliver every single time!!!!

2015-11-19 06:21

It's my right as a rates payer to receive clean drinkable water

2015-11-19 06:22

It is about time that the ANC Government takes responsibility for the maintenance and repair of all the structures and state run entities in South Africa, i.e. water, electricity, SAA, schools, hospitals, and that they stop blaming the old apartheid regime for the current problems. They have had 20 years to make a difference but all they have made is an indifference where everything that was in working condition is now in disrepair or non-existant. Stop blaming the Whites for the problems you encounter now, you got a country that was in good running order, now it is a country in very good disrepair, poverty and filth and the people who are suffering the most are those who have voted for you. Take charge and change the mentality to repair instead of waiting for something to break before it is repaired. Stop wasting the tax payers money and spend it on the necessities not on the luxuries for a select few.