Barriers to education- See the person not the offence

Barriers to education- See the person not the offence / Announcements / Thank you / Comments

2015-12-14 08:50

Hi Kim, I am sure I heard you speak at a WFI session in Stirling. I admired your strength and commitment when speaking and even if this was not you, then your strength of character and determination is the same. I am a social worker within a children and families team and I am fully aware of how difficult your situation has been. Don't give up, you have lots of great support behind you and everyone has their own story to tell, you are creating a path for yourself and others to follow regardless of the outcome and you are on the journey to effecting positive change for yourself and others who are or will be in similar circumstances.
Continue to be strong and steadfast and no matter how difficult the road seems, keep going. We are all with you on this journey.

Dennize

Anonymous

#2 Re:

2015-12-14 10:36

#1: -  

Hello dennize

it was Perth WFI AGM I spoke at with Susie who has also faced these barriers.

thank you so much for your kind words & support

Donna

2015-12-14 20:29

Keep fighting the fight Kim - you deserve the best, the same as everyone else.   We all make bad choices at some point in our lives, but we should never be eternally judged by them.   Wishing you all the very best.

2015-12-15 14:06

Hi Kim ,thank you so much for bringing this subject to the media,I am in the same boat as yourself,sick of going for jobs just to be turned down again.
Gets you down. Just want to support my family. I have been conviction free for over ten years but still feel like they happened yesterday. If I could help let me know thanks kim

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2023-08-27 14:17