No construction road on public trail in Whitemarsh PA

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition No construction road on public trail in Whitemarsh PA.

2016-01-05 19:23

Because it is the right thing to do. Make other arrangements. I have a trail behind my home in Springfield Manor Oreland, Pa and I would not like that either near my home.

2016-01-05 20:52

It affects my community.

2016-01-06 00:56

Supporting friends

2016-01-06 01:40

Flourtown Rd is already a mess

2016-01-06 01:45

Citizens need to vote to have the Hill construction road constructed on township property.
The Hill has already created flooding issues within the area and now we are looking at traffic tie ups and safety concerns for citizens... End the madness!

2016-01-06 03:42

Please, let's use common sense!

2016-01-06 05:57

Please sign this to help my co-workers grandkids to have their backyard to be able to play outside in their own yard!!

2016-01-06 08:23

Save the free space! Stop messing with the beauty of the farm!

2016-01-06 12:02

ridiculous!

2016-01-06 17:33

My children play at my sisters all the time. It would be unsafe to have construction trucks up and down the road all day everyday not to mention the amount of dirt that would be kicked up into this already beautiful clean area. Also I know they take walks along this path and you would be taking away this also.

2016-01-06 18:19

Because developers shouldn't have more rights than residents.

2016-01-06 22:33

Dangerous plan.  The Hill should use own road instead of exporting the negative health, safety, and welfare impact to Flourtown road.

2016-01-07 00:37

the impact construction vehicles and new housing development has on a saturated urban area will have long term implications on the environment, wildlife, and the well being of the residents.

2016-01-07 07:22

Preserve the open space and quiet enjoyment of Lafayette Hill's farmland.

2016-01-07 14:31

My nephew and his family live in one of these homes that the road would be put behind. Before they purchased this home it belonged to our Aunt. So you can say this home has been in our family for generations. Needless to say this area is beautiful and during picnics, etc. the neighbors gather with their children, the path is used for walks, watching the cows, etc. I feel it would be a CRIME and dangerous to construct a road in place of the trail. Let the nursing home that was built on the farm land use the entrance they already have on Stenton Avenue. Thank you for your time and attention to this email.

#16 one big swindle

2016-01-08 22:25

this project is one big swindle, masterminded by Ross Weiss of the law firm Cozen O'Connor, representing the slum lords, the Hill at Whitemarsh.  Kim Sheppard of the Whitemarsh Foundation, who should be a steward of this land, remains silent on this issue.  For shame!

#17 cunning, sneaky, bullies!

2016-01-09 16:07

i was at the Shade Tree commission and the Hill asked for some very outlandish waivers. They wanted to cut down all the trees and replant way less than was required (it's because their tenemants are too big!).  Then they had the brass nuts to ask for a waiver to replant trees that were WAY smaller than required.

#18 is this how Cozen Oconner defines "neighborly"?

2016-01-09 16:09

at the Shade Tree meeting one of the residents said, "currently my view is of an open pasture and some cows..." when Ross Weiss of Cozen Oconner interrupted him and said, "yeah, that's going away."

#19 Whitemarsh Township, this is your time of greatness

2016-01-10 18:47

I am pleading with Whitemarsh Township to stand up for itself and its residents. Don't let the greedy, selfish Hill at Whitemarsh turn our township into Norristown. Send them back to the drawing board to build something fitting, safe, and respectful of the beautiful, leafy town that is Lafayette Hill. Don't fall for their tricks. It's not too late. Shrink the buildings, stop the construction road, ensure the right trees are replaced. 

2016-01-10 22:47

Why is the Hill not required to use the current Hill entrance off of Thomas Road? Why? Because it would disturb their residents? Maybe they should have thought if this prior to building the first phase? If the path is Township property there should be no reason for residents to lose use if it or have it used by a builder. 

#21 Conflict of interest

2016-01-11 00:32

"Today, about one quarter of the [Whitemarsh] Foundation's operating budget is funded by contributions from the Hill at Whitemarsh."  The Foundation, run by Kim Sheppard, has no business making deals with the Hill.  Totally crooked.  We are being taken for fools...country bumpkins.  Hopefully the new Supervisiors are smart enough to see through it all.

2016-01-11 02:51

Seems like a simple solution for The Hill.  Be a good neighbor and Use your own road for your long term construction project.  If not, build a "temporary" construction road on Hill property.   Flourtown road can't handle a construction road entry point with large trucks turning on and off six days week for two plus years.  Flourtown Road is already congested with poor sightlines due to hills.  My kids school buses use Flourtown road.   Super dangerous, dumb idea.  

2016-01-13 05:26

Be fair to those who live around the path it's not fair for all

2016-01-14 18:33

I signed this petition because I am a resident of Whitemarsh who drives daily on Flourtown road. This construction emtrance would be a nuisance to those who live there far worse than those who drive by.

2016-01-16 01:18

There is something wrong with this whole story.