DBRC Junior Monthly Subscription Fee

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition DBRC Junior Monthly Subscription Fee.

2016-02-26 10:24

I believe it is important that we point out that , as DBRC claims this is to cover increasing operation costs and is doing this on a user based principle....
But is only targeting families with children aged 6-17 .
If costs go up, shouldn't all members/club-users carry that burden!?
It's unreasonable to just charge the kids !!

#2 Re:

2016-02-26 12:36

#1: -  

Great point. Thank you!

2016-02-26 14:10

I am not happy hoe HKRI are increasing commercial activities in DB residents supported space in general w/o benefit to residents. Fees go up everywhere to support HKRI profit activities like clean up after beach or plaza events...weddings at Siena Club etc. Ultimately fees support HKRI profit margin benefitting activities. In a residents club this is not right. Children should remain FOC as per current practice. Otherwise open the books and show the revenue impact of external customer/wedding activities and how its used.

2016-02-26 15:52

Children have been free at the Residents Club/Recreation Club since its inception. No good reason has been provided for starting to charge fees for children. The club already profits from F&B sales to families with children, and from memberships of parents who might not otherwise join the club if they didn't have children.

I would also appreciate more transparency on whether you are opening the club up to non-residents since the club has lost "Residents" from its name. I would object less about fee hikes if I could be assured that there would be no potential deluge of non-residents using the already overcrowded facilities in summer.

2016-02-27 02:35

DBRC is becoming a bit of a joke...increased fees decreased facilities & quality.

2016-02-27 03:21

I am angry that us as members of DBRC are now being forced into paying for child's membership. The offer of cash coupons that aren't available for use at weekend and poolside kiosk. The club needs to rethink how they can improve the club and not penalise the members with raising membership fees.

2016-02-27 05:09

Just more money grabbing by DBRC

#8 Re:

2016-02-27 08:02

#4: -  

They have in fact opened to outside people!

2016-03-01 06:27

The level of service and facilities which we currently receive is already so disappointing. I find it hard to believe they are trying to charge us more.

2016-03-01 07:22

reduced guest fee for visiting family of members to use the pool to encourage use for extended period, dayfee is too much!

2016-03-01 08:06

Because I belive in a fair and transparent world one in which the minority is not bossed by an unelected majority. This is holding the parents to ransom a situation that must not persist.

2016-03-01 08:54

I am so tired of DBRC nickel and diming residents. It is surprising they did not charge 1 year olds too.

2016-03-01 09:08

It affects me
YT

#14 Cancel all members and watch them burn

2016-03-01 10:59

We should all cancel our members fees then whatch them shit themselves. All over Hong Kong for club houses are much cheaper. For instant Tung chung cresent is only $20 per visit to the pool or the gym. And when you buy a property you don't have to pay the club for selling your flat.!!

why do we have to do that?

2016-03-01 12:39

The contant change of rules and increase of fees are unbearable.

2016-03-01 12:55

I am particularly annoyed that the vouchers cannot be used on weekends and PH - these are the times we use the Club as the kids have other commitments during the week.
Tessa

#17 Club to death

2016-03-02 12:56

We are very angry at the DBRC for this profiteering exercise. They already have kept increasing the monthly fee, then double that if you use the gym, then charge you for small items like towels ($14) and locker keys ($5). But they still are not satisfied it would seem - so they have broken a deal which has been in force since DB started I would think - that kids won't be charged for going to the Resident's club - just their parents. Their proposal is to charge $100 per head for your children per month. This is outrageous. We have heard that the Residents Club is giving a sob story about losing money. But as usual I would doubt they would open their books to scrutiny - which no doubt would show either a healthy profit - or an incompetently run organization - or maybe both!

2016-03-05 11:58

Because DBRC keep on raising the member fees every year without any improvement n not enough facilities for the children. And DB Developer got very cheap of the land from the Govt. And this are actually all our taxpayers' money. They are super greedy animals. This DB management keep on raising up everything in DB without any improvements. They make so much more money to attract people from outside at our expenses and cause us lots of inconvenience .we should change this DB Management ASAP if we want back the good life here as before.
I know how they got all this privileges from the Govt. before. Pls contact me anytime.

2016-03-06 06:15

If u want more residents to join us, I can ask the DB councillor to help us inform more to join us. She has many email address of the residents.
Pls let me know.
Alex

#20 Re:

2016-03-07 11:03

#19: -  

Yes that would be great. Thank you!