Brian Isaacs should not be dismissed

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Brian Isaacs should not be dismissed.

2016-06-04 12:59

Why is it so easy to dismiss an educator who has given his life to the cause in demanding excellence & fair distribution of resources. Yet students who disrupt classes, abuse and disrespectful to teachers are protected from disciplinary action. WCED needs to revisit their stance on their lack of support to educators, particularly those who question & demand more for the disadvantage. Time to raise our voice and oppose this injustice.

2016-06-04 14:57

Because the charges are bs. I believe there are ulterior motives at large.
D

#3 The Great Mr. Isaacs

2016-06-06 14:44

I myself was called the scum of the earth, and reprimanded on countless occasions by Mr. Isaacs. Truth be told at the time that was exactly what I was. However hearing those words and being taught the lessons I was taught then have made me a better man today. His ways may be classified by the "new world" as sinister or unruly, but the great Brian Isaacs takes his stand and turned many average unruly students such as myself into STUDENTS OF EXCELLENCE.

The WCED should take a look at those kids and families fighting against him, therein lies the truth of what plagues this country we call home.

2016-06-06 18:52

I am an ex-principal of a Cape Town primary school and can fully understand the commitment and frustrations of Mr Brian Isaacs. Our education system is failing the community it is supposed to uplift. More educators should speak up and take a stand against a failing system.

2016-06-07 21:00

Why should he be dismissed
icelady

2016-06-07 21:05

Its so true that at times to get the best out of the students you must go to there level we need to give more credit to the principles and teachers in order for them to get our children beyond there challenges ti heights they never thought they could go

2016-06-07 21:59

Because he is unjustly and politically victimised by incompetent and oppressive bureaucrats

2016-06-07 22:05

The relentless harassment by the WCED upon Comrade Brian Isaacs, a dedicated and progressive teacher and principal, must be exposed and stopped. It is part of the systematic process of the debasement of education in South Africa. Edwin Jacobs on behalf of the Executive Committee of the Federation of Cape Civic Associations.

2016-06-08 00:31

An educational giant who is a legend in his lifetime.

2016-06-08 04:11

Brian Isaacs is a man of justice.He is a principled principal. I have served on many school governing bodies,and need to come across a principal who believes in justice.
Why persecute a person who stands for truth and justice?

2016-06-08 06:00

Brian Isaacs, like all of us is fighting the decay of capitalism; what the WCED is saying is that thugs and lumpens can roam free on our schools but progressive educationists are tossed out. In other words, schools are there to keep the masses in chains and terrorised not for real education. Reinstate Brian now. The history of SP winning the Argus quiz shows that a lot of value is coming from his leadership but allegations are promoted by the very Argus. How ironical.

2016-06-08 06:07

Brian Isaacs is an excellent principal and educator. Should he be dismissed i fear the school will become somewhat out of control.

2016-06-08 06:58

SPHS is a model of excellent public education. It must be nurtured not debased.

2016-06-08 07:04

Brian taught me and his principles was beyond approach. He stood up for what he believed in and acted vigorously to defend that. We did not always agree however I respected him for his conviction and dedication to the students he taught

#15 Re: Standing on the shoulders of Giants.

2016-06-08 07:13

Brian Isaacs was my school principal for 5 years (1996-2000) at SPHS. Owing to his unwavering investment into excellence in education, I was able to benefit from a quality education. I now offer the same values of excellence and agency within highly reputable and respected local and international education institutions. Brian Isaacs is a visionary and obviously a threat to the Dept. of Education because he challenges their often ill-conceived and badly managed education policies and implementation strategies. It is no secret that the degenerate outcomes-based education curriculum reform, the adoption of curriculum 2005, INSET and other modalities, have not only failed our educators but ultimately those most vulnerable - our learners.  Reinstate Mr Brian Isaacs - he is an example of what true leaders and school management should look like. The statistics of consistently excellent pass rates over the years will speak for itself!     SPHS "star athlete" (javelin), science and art student. 

2016-06-08 07:53

I have 3 children at South Peninsula High and Brian Isaacs is the reason i sent them there, strict rules and disciplined school with dedicated teachers .
Alutacontinua

#17 Re:

2016-06-08 07:56

#5: -  

Because the lilliputians inhabiting the WCED fear being exposed for what they are by an uninhibited and progressive educator called Brian Isaacs.

2016-06-08 08:20

Because justice was overlooked and should be righted.

2016-06-08 09:04

I believe in him and the way he educated learners.

2016-06-08 09:31

Because I respect Brian Isaacs as a dedicated committed educationalist
He is a man of integrity and highly principled ; we need more educators of his calibre

2016-06-08 11:05

Effective teachers are often victimized with these silly trumped-up charges!

This habit of the WCED must stop!

2016-06-08 11:14

wow what utter nonosense to fire a pro-active teacher , pricipal and community leader, whose values and morals we can ll only hope for, this is type we should have in all our schools, then maybe the WCED would have a better track record.

2016-06-08 11:18

I don't know him personally, but know him as a very capable Principal and teacher since the apartheid years. He definitely is a person of integrity and with high morals. I also ex-learners of his school who became good leaders in our communities.

#24 Re:

2016-06-08 11:41

It's seems that there is more to the story reading Brian Isaacs than meets the eye .It's not only about him assaulting and calling a pupil scum ,it's also about the fact that he made false statements about his employer  thevWCED 

Its assumed or expected that  parents sit their children down and explain the school rules and regulations ,to them,and make them aware that it's not for the school to change their rules and polices to accommodate the children, i.e it's for  the learners (with the asistance  of the parents and educators)  to  help them rise up to the standards set out by the school, so it's also expected for teachers and principles to comply and follow the policies and procedures of the  governing body (WCED) they work for.

If  unhappiness exists , like parents that have a problrm with the school, ie  it's expected  that they  follow the schools policies and procurers regarding a compliant so  it's also expected that  teacher's  and principles ,should  also comply and follow the policies ,procedures and guide lines set out by their employer     ( WCED ) ,not publicly lambast their employee and expect leniency .

Brain Isaacs is his own dimise,a bully  and a law unto himself.His a disciplinarian and expects high standards of from learners regarding behavior and academic results ,ie the same applies to those who are entrusted with moulding and shaping young minds of the future .

His  egotistical bullish, brash ,narcissistic  arogance extends further than just the issues with the WCED ,it extend's beyond the school grounds ,affecting  neigbouring residents ,which has got him.into further trouble with the law ,regarding  hate speech and public brawling, ie over and above the noise nusance. 

Not forgetting the fact that it was published in the press, that he gave false statements, which  is a questionable blight upon his character, reading  his ability to be  honest .

People change ,and harping on Isaacs past  achievements ,doesn't justify his current unacceptable  behaviour ,which should be representive of moral law ,not a law unto himself 

Alexis Serra 

2016-06-08 11:41

I believe that the education department is using Mr Isaacs case to intimidate other principals to toe the line. They hate being criticised.