Brian Isaacs should not be dismissed

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Brian Isaacs should not be dismissed.

2016-06-08 12:07

Because I believe he did the right thing. He has great credibility amongst his peers and generally he has been a good school Headmaster over many years. His track record speaks for itself.

2016-06-08 12:13

Why try to fix something thats not broken....

2016-06-08 12:29

Because I believe good educators are of primary importance to nation building. Mr Isaacs is an exceptional individual.

2016-06-08 12:34

I signed the petition, because I want justice to be done to Mr. Issacs.The philanthropic organisations, like Bill and Melinda Gate, Dell foundations etc are busy attacking public education- they are creating markets in education at the expense of poor black and coloured children.They do this in collaboration with WCED.Last year, both SADTU and Naptosa called for the boycott of national annual tests.Sadtu revealed that WCED used 200 000 000 za on these tests.Meanwhile, schools in townships are overcrowded, and there are no teacher development programmes.Now, vthe main reason for the dismissal of Mr. Issacs is because he challenged these neo-liberal policies.

#30 Re: Re:

2016-06-08 14:12

#24: - Re:  

Shame Alexis. Poor spelling and grammar! Can see you did not attend SP.

2016-06-08 14:26

I signed this petition because I am a proud ex student of South Peninsula. Mr Brian Isaacs was my principal at the time. He was a strict principal, always motivating us to work hard and to do our best!! Thank you, Mr Isaacs for your guidance and wisdom. You made a powerful impact on my life and I am saddened to see how you have been treated by WCED. I stand with you in your fight to be reinstated!! The SA Education System need more dedicated, spirited and passionate principals like you so that our schools can also grow from strength to strength and produce excellent, well disciplined learners which is greatly lacking in most schools.
We salute you Mr Isaacs and we stand firmly with you in your fight. God Bless you.

2016-06-08 15:03

Sad that we could only gather 155 signatures - I know there are many more people who support him. I will however keep an eye on the schools FB page to see what the next steps are in terms of how we can support this cause. I would like to know what the false statement was which he had published through his letters to the Media. So much for our hard fought for freedoms and our ailing democracy and freedom of speech, all acceptable as long as you are not challenging authority for the greater good and encouraging authorities to be engaged on important issues. 

#33 Re: Re:

2016-06-08 15:33

Hi Alexis - I am interested to know what your connection is with SP - you sound like you are extremely angry as you may have had 1st hand experience of his behaviour or why else would you have all these harsh things to say about him. One can only really talk about these issues if you've had 1st hand dealings with him as opposed to hearsay and of course you are entitled to your opinion and to vent your frustration and by the sounds of your post you are probably part of the group of people who are celebrating that Brian finds himself in this position. I am just interested to know. Tx

2016-06-08 15:34

Mr Isaacs is my principal. Reinstate him.
WE ALL MISS HIM!!
Concerned parent

2016-06-08 15:51

WCED...... Stop victimising principals  and teachers like Brian Isaacs who challenge  and question your policies.

2016-06-08 16:15

Injustice

2016-06-08 16:20

Having been a high school teacher for more than twenty years, I agree that the dept of Education officials are out of touch with the reality in our schools and they would do education a greater service by spending more time in schools and less (hiding) in their offices

2016-06-08 16:34

I'm an ex student and believe that Brian always wanted his students to do well, complete their high school diploma and set them up for a better future

2016-06-08 16:47

Parent of learner at the school.

2016-06-08 17:08

I was a student at South Peninsula and matriculated in 1991. As a student, I was impressed with Mr Isaacs ' commitment and dedication to the students and the school and although I did not always agree with his methods and ideas then and now I always felt that he was a fair and concerned leader. During the difficult apartheid years and the turbulent political times of the late eighties, his main concern was always the safety and protection of the students as well as the importance of quality education. He deserves to be recognised for his contributions to education and his role in creating successful leaders in diverse industries. I strongly support this petition and agree that he should be accorded full benefits and recognised for his contributions.
onako

#41 Re:

2016-06-08 17:30

2016-06-08 17:48

Our existing leaders (WCED)are messing up "big time" and are a big disappointment for the "struggle" since many of them were educated during the struggle but forget their humble beginnings. SP with its strong leadership & educational ethics entrenched in all its students overcame all adversities and seeds from the institution are flourishing in all industries.
Mr Isaacs is one of the leaders of this(SP) organisation who always encouraged the students to stand up for their rights. He is facing dismissal because he stood up for his rights and for the youth of SA to ensure they get a better education, and now the leaders have used their power to dismiss him because he do not agree with their beliefs.

2016-06-08 18:03

I am an ex-pupil and never have I learnt more discipline from an individual such as Mr. Isaacs. He was a pain in the ass but he is righteous.
Proud ex-student and parent

2016-06-08 18:12

I signed the petition because I believe in Brian Isaacs and his discipline methods. I am an ex student and parent of a current learner at SP High. I sent her to the school because I believe in his leadership style and his drive to encourage our kids to strive for excellence.

I am appalled at the WCED decision to dismiss him. We need more principals like him in our schools who is willing to take a stand for what he believes in and for taking up the fight for a better education for all our kids.

Alexis, not sure whether you know Brian or whether you have had any first hand interaction with him but your comments sound alot like those made by the WCED supporters who have been writing letters to the Cape Times.  But Brian is a true leader...past, present and future.

WCED,  do the RIGHT thing. Withdraw your harsh decision to dismiss Brian Isaacs and reinstate him with immediate effect! The SP learners need their principal.

2016-06-08 18:16

Brian Isaacs has served the school community of SPHS with deep socio-political commitment. The fact that education resources serving the poor, has been tinkered with circa 1990s is telling in widespread instability in schools. The same cannot be said for education resources serving the wealthy which remain stable through well-secured funding and best resources.

2016-06-08 18:21

In support of his reinstatement.
Alutacontinua

#47 Re: Re:

2016-06-08 18:30

Alexis is quite correct to expect that parents ensure that their children obey the "school rules and regulations" to "help them rise up to the standards set out by the school".

My question to Alexis is, are you aware of the several poor policy decisions made by the WCED which were successfully opposed by many progressive teachers, principals(such as Mr Brian Isaacs!) and community organisations?

It would have been a shameful neglect of their moral duty if they had all complied with and "follow(ed) the policies and procedures of the governing body (WCED)".

#48 Re: Re: Re:

2016-06-08 19:29

Brain Isaacs ability as an educater and principle isn't what got him dismissed ,it's his behaviour  of attacking his employer in the press ,Internet and other.

What's further come to light, is  that he gave false statements about his employer,which puts a spot light on his ability to be honest 

One must be very careful not use his past excellent record of raising  the schools past rate , his past activism or lay the blame at the feet of dysfunctional and undisciplined children to justify his  current unaceptable behaviour and dishonesty .

I reiterate ,his unacceptable behaviour has extended far beyond the school grounds ,it's affected  neighbouring residents ,which has  created further problems for him and  has resulted to him ,having to endure many court appearances for hate speech and public brawling ,besides the noise nuisance ,calling people scum and being dismissed from SPHS 

When one reaches a state of mind ,whereby you believe that you a law unto yourself ,and ones entire persona changes into a narcissistic draconian arrogant fool ,encouraged by  supporters , who see no wrong or harm in self destruct, of  what was once , a good and excellent man ie herein lies the shame and sadness .

Alexis 

2016-06-08 19:41

A great wrong is about to committed against a dedicated, passionate educator who excudes integrity. I will stand by idly while someone I respect is being treated unfairly. I owe him a big debt of gratitude. Hopefully this petition will allow for sense to prevail!

2016-06-08 19:45

It's disgraceful that he has to deal with being dismissed after giving his life to education and making a difference in so many people's lives.