Historic Terrace Theatre Hy-Vee Boycott

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Historic Terrace Theatre Hy-Vee Boycott.

2016-07-14 19:04

because I care about the future of our community

2016-07-14 19:21

I believe that the Terrace Theatre...renovated...can be a valuable draw and venue for Robbinsdale. We have grocery stores...we do not have entertainment venues aplenty on this side of town...and this venue could be a classy venue.

2016-07-14 19:36

To save our historic terrace theater

2016-07-14 19:50

The Terrace Theatre is a beautiful piece of mid- century architecture both inside and out. It should be preserved and stand as a symbol of Robbinsdale, and be used for generations to come. A HyVee is not needed, nor wanted, particularly in this location across from the lake. Robbinsdale is a city of independent businesses, not corporate take-overs.

2016-07-14 20:01

I want to keep my theatre period.

2016-07-14 20:12

It's more important than ever before to preserve history. This is an amazing landmark and there is a community that cares deeply about it.

2016-07-14 20:18

I grew up in the Robbinsdale area and enjoyed many movies at the Terrace. The Terrace was a place we went on Friday nights or Sunday afternoons to watch cartoons, newsreels and movies with friends. My first date was at the Terrace, January, 1963. I was heart broken when the theatre was closed. The thought of tearing the theatre down is devastating. So many memories need to be preserved.

2016-07-14 20:26

There is plenty of room in that parking lot to tear down the current strip mall and build a HyVee without tearing down a landmark!! The Terrace was my childhood theater and I would bring my family there if it were to open again.

2016-07-14 20:56

Tearing down a historic landmark, the Terrace Theater, with no plan for renovation is unconscionable. I personally will do everything in my power to stop the progress of building a not-needed, unwanted, big-box grocery store to replace the Terrace. How short sighted. The SAVE THE TERRACE THEATER group is strong in the community and in numbers. We will spread the word.

2016-07-14 21:12

History is important to our unique community. Past efforts have been unsuccessful in preservation of the building. It has been allowed to deteriorate badly, but not beyond conservation. There is great potential for future enterprise and reuse of this Iconic building. A homogenized, formula, tract design, strip mall has no place in our town. A revitalization is needed for this property, but it can be done with thoughtful planning and cooperation. Clearing away the theater building is wrong and will be lamented in the future.

2016-07-14 21:12

We need a larger artist presence here, not more retail.

2016-07-14 21:13

The Terrace Theatre is architecturally significant; no need to tear it down for a grocery store.

2016-07-14 21:24

The land owner has not cooperated to give it a chance to be re-purposed into an entertainment venue, which there are none on this end of town. Retail has not done well in that area, so why lose a landmark just to have another retail spot go belly up.

2016-07-14 21:25

I believe that the City Council will also prefer the destruction of the Terrace. They all expect to enjoy HyVee opening here and will give support for this project any way without concern for the loss of the finest building here. I suspect I may not live long enough to scare them by non-use of this store being built. I am friends with most of the council and I have already told them I would be sad to see the loss of this building but would be angry if they do any action to support the HyVee in any way. If HyVee does finance privately we can't stop them from tearing the building down.

2016-07-14 21:28

I attended many shows at the terace in my younger days as a child. I also enjoyed taking my children there. Even after we moved we still went there when we went to Mpls to visit.

2016-07-14 21:37

I spent nearly $500 at Hy Vee stores in Minnesota and Missouri over the past month, but will not shop there again if they destroy the Terrace. 

2016-07-14 21:49

Tired of any sort of business chain destroying local community ties and leveling existing places that are important to the existing community. History will be lost all for the sake of a grocery store.

2016-07-14 21:52

I feel a Hyvee is not a good fit for the location with no concern about the historic value of The Terrace Theater.

2016-07-14 22:14

I enjoyed going to see movies there when I was a kid

2016-07-14 22:29

The Terrace is a historical and unique theater design and an important memory to most of the people that Hy-Vee wishes to have as customers. Hy-Vee's lack of respect for this landmark (as well as the people that love the Terrace) shows that they are an outsider company wishing to force their brand on all of us rather than reflecting the community they wish to locate in.

2016-07-14 23:00

I grew up with this theater.Also born in 1951. If it's a landmark it should be treated as one.

2016-07-14 23:12

I loved that theater growing up in north Minneapolis. Attended many many movies as a child and an adult. Having moved out East where everything is older than the Twin cities, I realize how important our history is. Old is not a bad thing.. It sickens me to think you would place a grocery store there. Re purpose the building. Use some creative imagination, good grief. We are using an old firehouse as a gathering place for live music, theater, community classes. Please reconsider

2016-07-14 23:23

I could not make the meeting last night, Thank ypu for taking on this petition.
Hy Vee will come in like Wal-Marts did, not concerned about the communities. Just concerned about knocking out Cub and making more money.
Tracy

2016-07-14 23:36

Such a beautiful theater.  Would love to see it restored to include a large stage for concerts and plays.  Theater isn't synonymous with movies. 

2016-07-14 23:38

The Terrace was always my go to theatre. Has always been my favorite.