Historic Terrace Theatre Hy-Vee Boycott

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Historic Terrace Theatre Hy-Vee Boycott.

2016-07-29 19:41

I grew up in north minneapolis. 60s and 70s. The Terrace theater is a beautiful landmark and holds many great memories. It is unique and I truly believe our country needs to respect our structures of the past and save history instead of always destroying it. The theater could become a asset to the community by using it for children and adults. Play productions, musicals, and theater and the arts. Music etc.. Why do we need another grocery store? Plenty around. For once please preserve a beautiful and unique building and use it for community growth and education for children and adults. Not to mention bringing young and old and many different groups of people together.

2016-07-29 20:06

I have many wonderful memories of this beautiful and historic theater
What a loss to lose such a gem!!

2016-07-30 15:25

There's a HyVee 10 minutes from this spot. Almsteds and Cub are also nearby. There's only one historic Robbinsdale. I'm in favor of preservation/renovation.

2016-07-31 03:38

I love the Terrace and have many fond memories going there as a child. I would love to see it restored to its full state of glory. It was beautiful.

2016-07-31 05:18

I grew up going to movies here. I don't live in town anymore, but last time I was there, I was hoping to bring my husband to see a movie in this beautiful place. Very disappointing to have it abandoned. Grocery stores can be anywhere. Such a bad trade.

2016-07-31 13:30

The Terrace Theater is a beautiful theater, I think it should be restored to all its splendor and reopened! I bet it would get a lot of business. I can not believe Robbinsdale wants to get rid of history,beauty and fun

2016-08-03 19:52

It is an Architecturally significant building. I grew up going to the Terrace in it's glory days and would love to see it brought back to what it was as some cultural or entertainment facility for Robbinsdale. It could once again become a valuable asset and landmark for the city.
Kathy

#183 Save The Terrace

2016-08-03 20:23

Love the Terrace.  Took my family to the Terrace alot. 

We do not need a grocery store there.  I shop at Cub and I will not go to Hy Vee for anything even though I live really close to where it will be.

2016-08-04 01:50

The loss of this architectural gem would be devastating to what makes Robbinsdale unique, a place where people want to live and work and visit. There are few sites like this, and to replace it with a chain big box would be a travesty. The site could be saved and revived to the benefit of the community and even to the benefit of a smaller HyVee store. Economically, historically, culturally, and socially, Robbinsdale can't afford to lose the Terrace.

2016-08-04 01:55

I can't believe that our city would not fight tooth and nail to keep the Terrace. The long term viability of the giant HyVee is trivial compared to preserving this architectural wonder. With some vision and commitment on the part of City leaders other choices could be made.

2016-08-04 15:18

Beyond my fond memories of seeing movies at the Terrace when I was young, the building is an architectural landmark that, if renovated, has the potential to once again be a centerpiece of the Robbinsdale community. Since I live in Brooklyn Center, I likely wouldn't make a Robbinsdale Hy-Vee a regular stop, but coupled with a revitalized Terrace, I might very well stop there on occasion before or after attending a movie or other event. Without the Terrace, there'd be virtually no chance of me going to a Hy-Vee in the same locale. Because of the Terrace's potential to bring customers to Hy-Vee from nearby suburbs, Hy-Vee's claim that they're not willing or able to accommodate the continued existence of the Terrace is financially short-sighted and laughable.

2016-08-04 21:53

Hy-Vee has proven again and again that they have no regard for the communities in which they build, whether in Iowa or Minnesota or elsewhere. The Terrace Theatre is a unique historic resource and a point of pride for Robbinsdale. Hy-Vee could easily find a resolution that would allow the building to be preserved.

2016-08-08 14:30

I grew up in Robbinsdale. Terrace Theatre was my first job, and the place of my first date. Robbinsdale is a nice little town and has a lot of local businesses that will lose money and probably have to shut down due to people going to an oversized grocery store. Places like Hackenmueller's and Wuollet's Bakery, and many others, that I still patronize when I'm in Robbinsdale.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2016-08-09 00:14

2016-08-09 02:45

I recently worked with a local business who recommended HyVee deli to provide food for a funeral reception. I told them absolutely not and and why. They agreed to no longer suggest HyVee but rather Almsteds which is who I used.

2016-08-09 03:41

When my brother and I were kids in Robinsdale we.would go to the Sat matinees. We loved the Tarzan movies. About 1960.

2016-08-12 19:06

I grew up going to the Terrace Theater. Loved it. HyVee could easily find a way to incorporate the theater, but its all about profit.

2016-08-13 00:52

I am a Retired Architect and this is Shame-full to destroy this Gem.

2016-08-13 00:56

This building is historic on many different levels, and Robbinsdale city council should be happy that such a large group of people are working to save their Terrace Theater so that everyone can enjoy it for years to come. Because the city of Robbinsdale has no laws regarding vacant buildings, the owners just boarded it up when it closed. Robbinsdale should never have allowed this to happen. Let's make the Terrace a SHOW PLACE again. Hundreds of people are ready to jump in and do anything they can to help bring the Terrace alive again. We will all work hard for another opening night of this significant building. We don't need another HyVee -- there are so many other HyVee's close by -- what is the point? Once the Terrace is gone, it's GONE. Please Mayor and City Council, do not let this happen on YOUR WATCH. You can help make the Terrace GREAT again on YOUR WATCH.

2016-08-13 18:42

I signed it, please sign it too.

2016-08-13 19:47

I regard the Terrace Theater as worth saving; HyVee has NO commitment to our community, only to the company and it's profits.

2016-08-14 04:23

i signed this petition because I am disgusted with the lack of respect that Hi-Vee is showing towards the residence of Robbinsdale and the surrounding communities. If they have no remorse for something like The Terrace Theater, which should be a historical landmark, then what makes anyone think that they really care about their current/future customers? Are they going to cater to what the shoppers may want, or just sell what they "feel is in the customers best interest"? My concerns go on and on, but this company has thrown a low blow, and they could care less.

2016-08-15 01:29

I am an Iowa,born and raised. This is not what HyVee represents. You can incorporate the theatre as the main lobby with Starbucks. This creates a conflict for Minnesota shoppers. But, this petition can be brought to your West Des Moines headquarters and your leadership, which is hard to ignore.

2016-08-15 23:35

I used to work at the Terrace Theater cpl yrs before it closed down as a teen. I fell in love with the theater, no modern theater to date has the charm it has. I even once climb the tower shaft and stood out in between the huge light Signs..what a view. What a place. I believe a Movie theater is still.the best option...One that marries historic with 21st century. A sort of time travel if you will. Restoring the lobby to its 1950's glory.. then the theater rooms themselves latest movie going tech.. main theater room is large enough to hold a IMAX screen I bet.

2016-08-17 03:31

We don't need big business destroying what makes unique