Petition to End Pollution and Cleanup the Hennops River

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition to End Pollution and Cleanup the Hennops River.

2016-11-17 19:40

Our rivers deserve our attention.
Water is life giving and should remain so.
I live in a world of sparkling rivers...always.

2016-11-18 06:14

I live close to the confluences of the Crocodile, Jukskei and Hennops rivers, they are extremely polluted, and it is time to recognize their ecological and recreational importance and address the pollution problems

2016-11-18 06:43

I live in Hennops River. The river is in a critical state of decay. Everything around it is dying. We need water and we are destroying what we have.

2016-11-18 07:18

Because nature is so close to my heart. God has created such beautifull animals for our pleasure. We are the care takers of those animals. It hurts me to much see how polluted our waters are. Rivers and the ocean are in trouble. Even the fish are dying in some areas. We need to all mussel up and help to fix what chemicals raw sauerage and plastic bags have done to or beautifull country. We all have a responsibility. Children in schools need to be taught not to litter from the get go. I felt embarrassed when German tourists at Buffels Bay were remarking out how polluted our South Africa is. We will loos tourists. They are much needed income for creating jobs our South Africans. I was told that the Rietvlei dam where we get our water from has broken down the plastic in the water and it has created estrogen. It is scarie we will have mothers how children growing in them that are boys but the estrogen will make them react emotionally as girls. That is such a scarie thought. Then then just thinking are our about our children and there children children, when we loose may of species of animals. Will we show them in picture books because they have died out? Just think hard if all of us decided to help we could fix the rivers! We all could help.

2016-11-18 07:39

It is time the authorities are held accountable for proper management of our waterways. We will persist in demanding this.

2016-11-18 09:22

I am a plot owner close to the Hennops river and see the pollution Daly. And smell the stench when I travel over the river.

2016-11-18 09:32

I hike there a lot. And I have noticed everything that I am signing for. It is a beautiful place to hike and so it should be kept that way!

2016-11-18 10:45

We receive many local and foreign visitors at our hotel who are disgusted by the state of the river flowing past the estate.

2016-11-18 12:50

I kive on re hennops. I would love something to be done to stop the pollution

2016-11-18 13:45

The photos of the river are disgusting!

2016-11-18 18:07

To clean up the river and I love fishing

2016-11-19 20:18

I have picnicked on the banks of the hennops River many times in the past and it gave us, and many others real pleasure. Now it is a cess pit and a disgusting mess. It is heartbreaking to see it destroyed in this way!