A Petition for Transparency in Media Content Provided by the School District of Columbia County, Georgia

A Petition for Transparency in Media Content Provided by the School District of Columbia County, Georgia / Announcements / Update on Petition / Comments

2021-07-07 12:19

Thank you! Is the board meeting virtual or in person?

2021-07-07 14:41

Keep going! Thank you for your persistance to inform parents and bring light to this issue.

2021-07-08 00:18

Are you wanting support at this school board meeting?

2021-07-15 23:12

How much self-importance does one have to possess to think that God put you in charge of deciding what kinds of fictional children are allowed to exist in literature? Conservative, small government means leaving people alone. Try minding your business. It's freeing.

The author of this petition

#5 Re:

2021-07-16 00:03

#4: -  

Hi, thanks for reaching out! Parents are all over the spectrum for what they feel is best for children, but most can unite in the fact that we believe schools should be fully transparent about all material provided to children. When schools aren't transparent, most parents are absolutely correct to question why schools would give materials to minors without inviting parental engagement.

#6 Re:

2021-07-16 00:05

#1: -  

Hi, I'm so sorry for the late response but I'm just now seeing these messages. The meetings are presented virtually through the link on the county website and are also in person every other Tuesday. The registration form to speak is available on the ccboe website along with a schedule. Hope this helps!

#7 Re:

2021-07-16 00:08

#2: -  

Thank you for the support! Hopefully all parents, regardless of topic, can agree that schools should be fully transparent about the materials they provide our children and apply notification processes consistently. Please consider getting involved in the board meetings if you can!

#8 Re:

2021-07-16 00:11

#3: -  

Hi, I'm so sorry for the late response but I'm just now seeing this message. Absolutely, any attendance and speaking at these board meetings would be great! I feel like this is only going to become more involved as parents start getting word of what they are not being notified about. I hope to see you there!

This Is Nonsense

#9 Re: Re:

2021-07-19 18:24

#5: - Re:  

What transparency is missing? You dishonestly labeled the book in question as "sexually explicit," when it is not. I have read the book. There is no sex in it. There is one chaste kiss. Please explain how you can defend your mischaracterization of the book's content in the same breath that you accuse the school system of lacking transparency. 

You're fighting an issue that does not exist.

2021-08-16 12:36

Katie, let us fight together for our children! We have your back! ❤️ 🇺🇸💪🙏

Paid advertising

We will advertise this petition to 3000 people.

Learn more...