Petition to Allow Wausau West Master Singers to Sing

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Petition to Allow Wausau West Master Singers to Sing.

2013-10-09 17:29

It is a sad case when our rights as Christians can't sing music of our faith and the other people can do as they please and rob us of our rights. If we give in and let them win we take more steps for them to gain control of what we believe and this can not happen.

2013-10-09 18:56

I am fairly certain that if some of these board members knew Mr. Buch they would be aware that he spends hours and hours and hours studying and researching the music that he will ultimately perform in his concerts. To expect him to "change the program" at this point and eliminate what he has selected and the students have rehearsed is ludicrous!!!

2013-10-09 21:27

How do we get their job up for question,I would like to see a different administration in charge my childrens' academic future.

2013-10-09 21:34

I was grateful and honored to be a masters singer from fall of 1987-spring 1989. Mr. Buch demands excellence of his students. The music he chose also exemplified that excellence. I never felt that the music was preaching, but rather classical in nature. And throughout the year it varied in scope and tone. I would also note that the experience of singing with this group helped shape me in ways I cannot even explain. To deny this growth to those who work so hard at their passion and craft is a travesty.

2013-10-09 21:55

I grew up in Wausau and lived in Wausau after being married. I am a CPA and I worked for the Firm of Wipfli Ullrich CPAs. in Wausau for 28 years. I've known the Buch family and Phil in particular very well since he was a youth. I have enjoyed attending a number of Wausau West Christmas and other concerts over the years. Often I was totally emotionally thrilled as I listened to the incredible sound of the choirs singing Christmas Carols and other quality secular songs. I know Phil to be a very talented music instructor and overall teacher and one who is especially very interested in the growth and future welfare of his students. He is truly a very positive role model for his students, which every school desires for their staff. I love music and I must say that learning good songs and participating in a first class choir will allow these students to take the songs which they are singing in high school with them throughout their lives. I am deeply saddened to learn of the position that some of the school administration has taken to curtail singing Christmas songs at this Holiday time when the whole world is celebrating the significant birth of Jesus Christ. I appeal to the school administrators to reverse their decision.

2013-10-09 22:40

As a 1990 grad of Wausau West,some of my best memories are of choir under the direction of Mr. Buch. I was fortunate to perform with Concert Chorale in Germany and Austria and one of the best memories I have is of performing Silent Night in front of a crowd and crying as they joined in singing that beautiful song in their native language. What is being done is appalling! The school board is taking memories away from Wausau children! Keep up the fight parents,children and other community members!

2013-10-09 22:55

this action is wrong on every level and must be overturned

2013-10-10 01:31

Away in a manger,
no crib for His bed,
The little Lord Jesus
lay down his sweet head.
The stars in the sky
looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus,
asleep on the hay.

The cattle are lowing,
the poor Baby wakes,
But little Lord Jesus,
no crying He makes;
I love Thee, Lord Jesus,
look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle
till morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay,
Close by me forever,
and love me, I pray!
Bless all the dear children
in Thy tender care
And take us to heaven,
to Live with Thee there

2013-10-10 11:17

This is crazy...

2013-10-10 12:20

Are there 5 times more atheists to Christians in Wausau? I think NOT ! I have family n friends there.

2013-10-10 12:40

I find this very sad! All you hear in the news is about shootings & other tragic events. Maybe if we sang a little more and worried a little less about offending someone we'd live in a better place! If you don't want to sing it or listen to it don't! But don't stop the rest of us from enjoying the beautiful music!

2013-10-10 12:45

This is Absurd! Let whoever wants to sing Sing and whoever doesn't want to listen doesn't have to. Maybe we should thank The Lord we are able to make choices. I hope the powers that be make the right one! God Bless!

#138 Re:

2013-10-10 14:23

#19: -

GO SEE A SHRINK! SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO THINKS YOUR'E BETTER THAN THE REST.

2013-10-10 14:27

JESUS CHRIST IS THE REASON WE HAVE CHRISTMAS.

Be willing to stand for Him.
Sign & Send to others :)

GRAMMEE

2013-10-10 14:44

I am the Grandmother of 3 Wausau School District students. I am appalled, as most of you are, at the spinelessness of the school board members on this and other similar issues. They most likely have been approached, and threatened with lawsuits, by the FREEDOM FROM RELIGION FOUNDATION, and don't have the fortitude to stand up to them. I would be more than willing to contribute to the lawyer fees to fight the Freedom From Religion Foundation on this issue. (It is ironic that this foundation has it roots in our beautiful state). Come on Wausau School Board, take them on; and I assure you that if you ask the public to contribute to the lawyer's fees to fight them, we won't disappoint you~~~and trust me, THEY would lose, because they are constitutionally WRONG. Then they and others who "say" they don't believe in God would back off.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2013-10-10 17:00

#142 Re: Re:

2013-10-10 17:01

2013-10-10 17:58

This is rediculous. Let them sing for heavens sake!! Very sad that this is happening

2013-10-10 19:53

Who decides even what song is considered "religious"? Some people even object to "Jolly Old St. Nicholas". Certainly local norms and traditions should have more importance than "legal counsel" from Madison.

2013-10-10 20:59

This should be grounds for termination for the SuperIntendent - she spent thousands of our tax payor money on this issue without board approval.

2013-10-10 21:05

Wow I can not believe that this is an issue at all...are there not more pressing things the board should be addressing like bullying or the students education? I would like to also add that these concerts are a free will to attend-meaning that if you would be offended by Christmas songs you do not have to attend the concert. I think that Mr Buch is a great man and that this is something more should stand for...Holiday concerts are about Christmas and beautiful singing. How can that offend anyone?

2013-10-10 22:23

this is outrageous...some of the most beautiful and challenging music is sacred compositions. And, what would Christmas be (oh, I forgot, it is a winter concert) without Christmas music?!

2013-10-11 01:20

Let freedom ring!

2013-10-11 13:26

It's time to stand up!

2013-10-11 17:40

Confirm