RanchoCucamonga-SaveOurParks

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition RanchoCucamonga-SaveOurParks.

Red

#51 Red Hill park

2014-03-18 20:55

I think the city needs to address their budget issues and defentialy find other solutations to the pond . it is unhealthy and dirty , and we should be looking at the long term of cost to tax payers to continue to mantain the pond and keep the park nice. Not sure of the cost but how about a recyled water system like at victory gardens where the kids can play? Are there no other alternatives? Except the pond?

2014-03-29 16:16

Good parks are a place for kids to be safe in their community. Lets not resign them to the fate of inner city kids.

2014-05-20 12:33

Maintaining parks appropriately in a community maintains the desired ability to attract and retain decent residents and maintain home values. It is not an option to not maintain the parks unless the city is looking to decrease its home value and therefore tax revenue. If the expense is an issue, then they require someone who is competent at evaluating a market norm of what it should cost there is no way heritage horse park should be costing 160,000 a year for maintenance. I ask for full disclosure of park maintenance financial funding cash flow to identify how to more efficiently streamline maintenance of the parks. Pay me 110,000 a year & I'll maintain the horse park! Already 50,000 saved!

2014-05-21 01:06

Save all our parks especially Heritage Equestrian Center....we need this!

2014-05-21 01:16

I have lived in Rancho Cucamonga for 30+ years. The parks are what makes Rancho Cucamonga so special. There is no way it costs the city $160K to maintain Heritage Equestrian Center. What a shame to think that the city would close it.