HELP ME SAVE MY FOSTER PETS!!!

/ #37

2013-11-15 19:30

My family has adopted two English Setters from Illinois Birddog Rescue. Both were infected with Lyme Disease & Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever. We fostered 5 different dogs between February and September of 2012, when we adopted our male setter. Ms. Spakowsky's research is important, and helpful in bringing awareness of these dreadful diseases and their consequences to the public. Lyme & RMSF have reached epidemic proportions, and the CDC has not recognized it. The medical community (both animal & human) are not educated on the severity of these diseases, and most are clueless of just how ocmmon they are.  Why didn't Wood Dale do something about this 12 years ago when it started?  Dogs bark.  Big dogs bark loudly.  If there is more than one dog in the neighborhood they bark in communication.  If you don't like dogs that bark, you shouldn't move into such a neighborhood.  With as much pet abuse and neglect as we have in this country; why make such a big stink about a small part of the solution?