Save RHS

/ #53

2014-08-20 15:14

I am a Renaissance Dance workshop member and this would have been my fourth year in it. Dance is not just something we do just to have fun. Dance betters us in life. Ms. Gina Ellis was always talking about how we need to take the same dedication, drive, and focus we have towards dance and apply that to our academics. Through the years I have attended Renaissance I witnessed  how happy the art department made everyone including the people that weren't even involved in the arts. People enjoyed watching the drumline perform at football games or you could just walk down the performing arts hallway and hear the band playing, the choir singing, or just the dancers expressing themselves through movement. I was a very shy student before joining dance workshop, but all the other dancers I interacted with helped me find my voice. The performing arts department has added so many accomplishments to the schools name. Dance workshop has traveled around the country and even to Toronto to perform. The band performs in many parades and the choir has been on the news multiple times. I strongly believe that cutting the performing arts will lower the number of students that attended Renaissance. If it wasn't for dance at Renaissance I would have transferred schools my freshman year. It's not that I can't handle the academics because I can it's because I can go to a better school out of district and dance there.