SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

/ #466

2015-05-14 00:22

I am a local gardener, I use Hare Hatch Sheeplands as my main supplier, not just for plants but tools, compost and all the accessories of gardening, I have supported them as a local business for at least 8 years now. It is a fantastic business with wonderful helpful staff and now I also mainly do my shopping there for the Butchers, the amazing fish supplier and a great little coffee shop. I am in no way connected on a personal level to Sheeplands other than work and shopping there. I think the idea of shutting down such an incredible business and local facility is just mind boggling. It is always so busy, attracts so many different people requiring different needs and as a community area facility I think it would be the most tragic loss over some planning regs that can be sorted out. The loss of jobs and work placements is catastrophic to this community and absolutely ridiculous. This is a semi rural area, jobs are just not available in the countryside. I will not support Wyvale’s huge business because as a gardening business myself I get no discount from them so I will have to travel miles to get the same quality of plants, tools, compost and all the other needs for my business, whilst still running a business. You as a council should be finding ways to make it work not closing it down ..or at least making it non viable to run. WE NEED JOBS. WE NEED PLACES LIKE SHEEPLANDS, LOCAL BRILLIANT BUSINESSES.