SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2015-05-11 13:13

I signed this petition because I go regularly to Hare Hatch, we love the farm shop, cafe, plants etc. So many people would lose their jobs and they work so hard. We have been coming here for years now and enjoy our visits. I cannot comprehend why Wokingham Council would wish to close such a thriving business, PLEASE do not close it down.
Mika

#452 Response to Andy Couldrick (WBC Chief)

2015-05-11 14:11

Wyevale have lawful use directly opposite HHS. Is Wyevale on green belt land? 

Selling plants alone is not enough to make HHS a viable business and does not give it's customers what it's customers want.

Furthermore all the LOCAL charities will still all lose out on the thousands of pounds that HHS raise for them.

Yet again, the elderly, young and disabled - the most vulnerable groups in our society will lose out. 

Where is your heart Mr Couldrick :(

Paula

#453 Retail use

2015-05-11 14:19

Seems to me Mr Couldrick is worried about the future more than the here and now. It's simple really. If, in the future "someone else" were to apply for retail use, all Mr Couldrick has to do is refuse (it's what he does best)!!!

2015-05-11 14:38

Hare Hatch Sheeplands is a unique business offering a multitude of goods and services to the local communities. The play area and animal farm have been a great source of pleasure for my young twin granddaughters and it is a great pity to lose such a fantastic venue, which was educational as well as fun for young children.

2015-05-11 16:06

It is a lovely place to take my 20 month old grand daughter.

2015-05-11 19:40

Hare hatch is a wonderful place for all the family and it will be a crying shame and real loss to Wokingham BC if it were to close.

2015-05-11 21:29

My wife & I have enjoyed visiting this garden centre & farm shop over the last few years, the stock seems to be a lot more varied than most of the other local "brand" garden centres.
Our Daughter currently works there in her first Saturday job.
Sheeplands has come a long way in the last few years, please let it continue to flourish.

2015-05-11 21:36

I signed this petition because it's lovely place to buy nice food. The kids love it here & they love/d the animals too. Staff always friendly. I do not want this place to shut down!! That would b a tragedy!!

2015-05-11 22:00

With all this local support for a much loved community facility, surely now is the time for Wokingham Borough Council to offer a compromise solution.

2015-05-12 13:44

I signed the petition because I find it an invaluable shopping alternative to the run of the mill national supermarket chains. The shop supplies good quality food not available everywhere. It is a pleasureable and enjoyable shopping experience that I would be very sorry to lose.

2015-05-12 14:52

My family use Sheeplands often to visit the play area see the animals and buy plants. I have just written a letter to Wokingham Council a copy to you and one to the Advertiser. I think it disgusting to take away all the things we enjoy there

2015-05-12 16:28

I think hare hatch.garden centre should be saved. Surely as a conservative council one would have thought that you would encourage small businesses. Perhaps you should ask Theresa May's thoughts on the matter as she is a regular customer at this garden centre.

2015-05-13 15:49

This is a great place to spend time and adds a lot too the community. Should this close what are we left with another garden centre that is a chain no personal touch like Sheeplands provide plus you will be putting a number of people out of work young and old. Think twice before closing WBC you will be making a big mistake.

2015-05-13 16:30

Because I love going to the Garden Centre.I have spent hours going round the Garden centre looking for my plants for the different Seasons.The Staff are always helpful and always ready to give you advice.

2015-05-13 21:14

Please please please keep sheeplands open the community needs this place and all it has to offer, come on WDC stop wearing blinkers and leave this wonderful place alone so that others can enjoy it too.

2015-05-14 00:22

I am a local gardener, I use Hare Hatch Sheeplands as my main supplier, not just for plants but tools, compost and all the accessories of gardening, I have supported them as a local business for at least 8 years now. It is a fantastic business with wonderful helpful staff and now I also mainly do my shopping there for the Butchers, the amazing fish supplier and a great little coffee shop. I am in no way connected on a personal level to Sheeplands other than work and shopping there. I think the idea of shutting down such an incredible business and local facility is just mind boggling. It is always so busy, attracts so many different people requiring different needs and as a community area facility I think it would be the most tragic loss over some planning regs that can be sorted out. The loss of jobs and work placements is catastrophic to this community and absolutely ridiculous. This is a semi rural area, jobs are just not available in the countryside. I will not support Wyvale’s huge business because as a gardening business myself I get no discount from them so I will have to travel miles to get the same quality of plants, tools, compost and all the other needs for my business, whilst still running a business. You as a council should be finding ways to make it work not closing it down ..or at least making it non viable to run. WE NEED JOBS. WE NEED PLACES LIKE SHEEPLANDS, LOCAL BRILLIANT BUSINESSES.

2015-05-14 08:12

Because it is a very friendly garden centre and everyone is always helpful. It shouldn't have to close because it gives a lot of enjoyment to children and reasonably priced coffee shop.

2015-05-14 13:51

Because it would be a disaster if Hare Hatch Sheeplands was forced to close. I love it!

2015-05-14 15:28

I think it is disgusting trying to close down this business! HHS brings so much to the community . I will never set foot in wyevale. It doesn't come near !

2015-05-14 19:57

I feel that Sheeplands provides a good service to all families. Children love the play and pet areas.
What harm are they doing?

2015-05-15 07:23

I have been a regular Sheeplands customer for many years and fully support their continuing to trade.

2015-05-15 08:09

I think it is ludicrus that planning laws are holding back a thriving business, which is such an asset to the community. as far as I'm aware the green belt policy was set up to protect green spaces, surely a garden centre and small petting farm (which is nearly entire outdoors with few permanant structures) is a perfect use of the land which can be enjoyed by the community, rather than allowing it to go to waste. RBC you should be ashamed of yourselves!

2015-05-15 16:32

Hare Hatch has provided more than just a garden centre for the local community.
The lunches/ teas and entertainment for both young and old have given them a quality of life and a chance of social contact with others which they might not otherwise have had.
Various fund raising events have benefitted many good causes.
Closure of Hare Hatch will not benefit anyone!!!

2015-05-15 17:38

This garden centre is a pleasure to visit, it offers numerous attractions for families, and at a time of cutbacks and austerity, I am personally appalled that Wokingham District Council have chosen to punish Sheeplands in the way that they have.

2015-05-15 19:09

Would be upset if a lovely local garden center goes out of business!