SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2015-05-08 17:13

Hare Hatch offers a useful warm & friendly retail environment for the public.
Therefore as to why the local authorities wish to return this site to the unsightly waste land it was previously does not make any sense.
Furthermore to add another 100 or so people to the unemployment register makes this decision even more difficult to comprehend.

2015-05-08 17:20

Sheeplands is a friendly Family unit with great staff. It is always a pleasure to shop in such a lovely envirament.

2015-05-08 17:30

Hare hatch Sheeplands is a wonderful place, serving the community on a great scale,raising thousands of ££'s for charity, and employing around 100 locals. Before it became HHS it was a very run down site. Rob Scott and staff are ALWAYS helpful, smiling and very polite. It will be a great loss if they are forced to close.

2015-05-08 18:05

It's a lovely garden centre, we travel quite far just to visit. It's so lovely to find an independent business rather than others that are all the same

2015-05-08 18:27

A lovely family run garden centre with something for everyone. We need independent shops not all the same as bigger companies are

2015-05-08 18:30

I signed this petition because we visit Sheeplands Harehatch regularly and enjoy the whole range of merchandise that is available. It is a fabulous place to take visitors who like to browse for goods that are different to the usual range available anywhere else. Whilst we are visiting Harehatch Sheeplands, we usually pay a visit to Wyevale Nursery as well as the other shops/nurseries in the area, travelling back to Reading through Twyford - all placed that would lose my trade if Sheeplands were to have to close off much of their business. I suspect if that's true for me, many other people feel the same so all the enterprises in that region would be affected. I beg you to reconsider and once and for all grant Harehatch Sheeplands the trading permissions they require. Yours sincerely. Rosemary Blackmore

2015-05-08 18:48

Why close this beautiful garden centre we love the unique items they sell. Not everyone wants to shop at wyevale !!

2015-05-08 19:05

It's a fine business which I have used myself

2015-05-08 19:27

Please do not close our lovely sheeplands play area. My children love it there

2015-05-08 19:30

We love HHS and so does my son and his toddler friends. PLEASE RECONSIDER

2015-05-08 19:30

I love the place !

2015-05-08 19:45

I signed because, it's just utterly unbelievable that anyone could consider closing you down! This is a family run business for all us families, and it will take the very heart and soul out of the community. I am in complete disbelief that they would prefer it to return to dereliction as before. It's just the loveliest place to visit and the whole of our family will go into mourning the day they make you close your doors!
regular HHS visitor

#413 disgraceful!

2015-05-08 20:00

I think it will be an absolute disgrace if WBC effectively force this small local business to close, after threats and bullying from a nearby national business who have a vested interest in the closure!

2015-05-08 20:02

Keep independents in business!!!
Ann&Tom

#415 Cold hearted and callous

2015-05-08 20:04

Yes, the above title describes the actions of WBC in their heavy handed treatment of a family run, unique business.

Yes, the land behind is green belt. However, let's look at what is there. A SMALL FARM, SANDPIT AND FIELD.

My son safely runs around the field and adores looking at the animals, especially the donkeys.

What in the name of fairness are you penalising HHS for, for simply putting some animals out there and making a sandpit?? 

HHS makes a valuable contribution to our local community. They should be applauded, not vilified!

SHAME ON YOU, WBC. Stop genuine misuse of land, not HHS for creating awe and wonder for our children in a wonderfully safe and friendly environment.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-05-08 20:06

ReadingLad

#417 I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute?

2015-05-08 20:15

I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute.

I suggest we all lodge Freedom of Information Act (FoI) requests to see all the notes/files and costings of the various enforcement activities from day one of this protracted argument. I will be doing my FoI request to the council tonight. Perhaps we should all do the same to create them extra stress and work, like they have done to HHS, and maybe make them rethink!

I don't understand why they think they are above the law themselves. They knew the site was gradually changing use over a number of years, but they let it go on without stopping it when they should have. It's too late I'm afraid WBC. You should have objected at the very start instead of being 'asleep at the wheel' and trying to undo your own wrong doings now!

It's disgusting that they want to force a business to bankruptcy and let the site go back to being a wreck and an eyesore. Before HHS started the land was already 'brown field' as it had derelict greenhouses that were a complete mess. HHS has grown in size, which we cannot ignore, but surely by making use of the site for a well loved and used business that contributes to the local community is better than leaving as it was or returning it back to a derelict site?

It's very odd that they won't let HHS use an already 'brown field' site as a business, as they seem to think the 'green belt' policy overrules any common sense. However they have permitted four more pitches (which is about twice the land area than was previously in use) at Twyford Orchards, London Road and a proposed development of 12 dwellings along Hurst Road, Twyford to be expanded onto guess what, 'green field' land!

Come on WBC don't be so hypocritical and use some common sense rather than trying to stick to guidelines so rigidly regarding land use and permissions etc.

2015-05-08 21:19

As a Tory council your election pledge is to get people back to work closing Hare Hatch will put people out of work. Keep local jobs for local people.

2015-05-08 21:34

It's unthinkable that this wonderfully run garden centre should be restricted. It is a centre for family life with all its different aspects - something for everyone. The children, our future, are welcomed and given the opportunity to enjoy their visit, see the reindeer at Christmas, etc. This can only be good in days when pubs, post offices and churches are closing. Meals and drinks are provided at affordable prices. The quality of the food and garden products is excellent. I know I can trust Rob to provide the best. We need Hare Hatch Sheeplands

2015-05-09 00:13

There is no justified reason for Wokingham Borough council to close Hare Hatch Sheeplands down unless they have some dodgy dealings going on.

2015-05-09 07:44

The garden centre has not only provided me and my daughter with many afternoons of entertainment but it is an important platform for small businesses, not only in the farm shop but in the craft fairs and small concessions stalls run throughout the centre. How a derelict mess of green houses will be better for our town I don't know?!

2015-05-09 07:46

Stop Wokingham district council being such nerds

2015-05-09 08:40

HHS is a great asset to the local area and deserves the support of WBC.

2015-05-09 09:04

Garden centres are a GREEN industry and there are not many independent ones left...you have made a real difference to the area with the quality of your service and product value and quality
Mika

#425 Re: I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute?

2015-05-09 10:23

#417: ReadingLad - I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute? 

Upto about a year ago I believe WBC had spent around £30,000 of tax payers money. If you get an up to date figure can you let us know please.