SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Quoted post

ReadingLad

#417 I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute?

2015-05-08 20:15

I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute.

I suggest we all lodge Freedom of Information Act (FoI) requests to see all the notes/files and costings of the various enforcement activities from day one of this protracted argument. I will be doing my FoI request to the council tonight. Perhaps we should all do the same to create them extra stress and work, like they have done to HHS, and maybe make them rethink!

I don't understand why they think they are above the law themselves. They knew the site was gradually changing use over a number of years, but they let it go on without stopping it when they should have. It's too late I'm afraid WBC. You should have objected at the very start instead of being 'asleep at the wheel' and trying to undo your own wrong doings now!

It's disgusting that they want to force a business to bankruptcy and let the site go back to being a wreck and an eyesore. Before HHS started the land was already 'brown field' as it had derelict greenhouses that were a complete mess. HHS has grown in size, which we cannot ignore, but surely by making use of the site for a well loved and used business that contributes to the local community is better than leaving as it was or returning it back to a derelict site?

It's very odd that they won't let HHS use an already 'brown field' site as a business, as they seem to think the 'green belt' policy overrules any common sense. However they have permitted four more pitches (which is about twice the land area than was previously in use) at Twyford Orchards, London Road and a proposed development of 12 dwellings along Hurst Road, Twyford to be expanded onto guess what, 'green field' land!

Come on WBC don't be so hypocritical and use some common sense rather than trying to stick to guidelines so rigidly regarding land use and permissions etc.

Replies

Mika

#425 Re: I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute?

2015-05-09 10:23:43

#417: ReadingLad - I wonder how much time and tax payers money WBC have wasted pursuing this dispute? 

Upto about a year ago I believe WBC had spent around £30,000 of tax payers money. If you get an up to date figure can you let us know please.