Justice For Jacob

Nik

/ #161 Re:

2015-07-22 03:16

#149: -  

Even something so little as a juvenile stealing could grow into so much more. You think hey I got away with this what more can I get away with. The risk and the crime get greater.  I'm an assistant manager at a local dollar store I can't stand how many kids I see on a daily basis stealing. Matter of fact my store master went to ask a kid for the item back a few days ago he couldn't of been more than 13 years old. The kid lifted his shirt showed him a gun and said do you want to mess with me now. What will happen to the kid? Slap on the wrist? I think the laws on juveniles should be changed to fit the crime I think that juveniles should get in more trouble for crimes they commit such as stealing or worse. I understand that somethings are an accident and shouldn't ruin a child's life but unless there are extenuating circumstances I think that juveniles should be handled like adults. I think that records should not be sealed just because they are underage. Like adults pending the crime you can choose to do the ARD program. I think that a juvenile should have the same option when they turn 18 to do that like I said crime pending but if they actually want to turn theit life around and have the charge off their record then they will. It would set a good example and show who wants to make something out of their life and who doesn't care. Another one of my rambles point was over a certain age you have a mind of your own you make your own decisions no one makes you steal or shoot someone and I feel that we should be allowed to hold juveniles accountable for their actions like adults are. If an adult steals from a store they go to court get a fine possibly jail time I think the same should be done for juveniles.