Justice For Jacob

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Justice For Jacob.

#151 Re:

2015-07-22 03:01

#149: -  

Amen

2015-07-22 03:06

My prayers go out to Jacobs family & friends! R.I.P. Jacob! So sorry your life was cut so short! God have mercy on this 14yr Olds soul for what he has done to you & your family!

I am a former Marine who worked in aviation and it is terrible this soon to be Devil Dog lost his life over a bicycle.

Jacobs killer needs to be held accountable even if he's only 14. He made the choice to kill Jacob. Now he needs to be punished.

2015-07-22 03:08

He shows no remorse for taking a young mans life over something so trivial as a bike. He should never had been carrying a gun around. He is old enough to know right from wrong.

2015-07-22 03:08

Enough is enough !!!! He knew exactly what he was doing, and he chose to commit a crime and take a life. This had nothing to do with wanting a bike... had everything to do with the total disregard and disrespect of any law, or human decency. If you do not take a stand and let him get off easy... he will do it again, and so will others. Show some decency and respect to this family. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... DO THE CRIME... DO THE TIME !

2015-07-22 03:10

The suspect, Derry Sanders Jr. Is old enough to know the difference between right and wrong. He gave no thought to taking the life of another young person. We cannot continue to allow this violence to continue.
Sick of it!

2015-07-22 03:13

This needs to stop!  Everyday on the news is guns shots fired here, there, then over there!!!  These kids have to understand that we are done!  Show them what the justice system WILL do to them, this is NOT a game! We are not going to take this ANYMORE.  You shot, you pay with your life!  You take a life like this; the justice system will determine your fate.  There should be NO age limit to crimes like this.  I'm sorry I'm so harsh but damn, this stuff is getting old!  The fear that kids have in the city of Erie should not be!  Over a bike... really!!! I feel so bad for the family.  My peace with you and may he rest in peace!

2015-07-22 03:13

Jacob's murderer should be tried as an adult !
This site will not let me share this petition.

2015-07-22 03:16

I feel a fourteen year old knows right from wrong.
He knew pulling a gun and shooting a person to death over a bicycle was wrong but yet he did it anyways.
I assume he thought he would get a slap on the wrist and some time in juvenile detention.
He needs tried as adult so he can be held accountable for his actions and receive no more slaps on the wrist.
With this petition justice will be done.
Nik

#161 Re:

2015-07-22 03:16

#149: -  

Even something so little as a juvenile stealing could grow into so much more. You think hey I got away with this what more can I get away with. The risk and the crime get greater.  I'm an assistant manager at a local dollar store I can't stand how many kids I see on a daily basis stealing. Matter of fact my store master went to ask a kid for the item back a few days ago he couldn't of been more than 13 years old. The kid lifted his shirt showed him a gun and said do you want to mess with me now. What will happen to the kid? Slap on the wrist? I think the laws on juveniles should be changed to fit the crime I think that juveniles should get in more trouble for crimes they commit such as stealing or worse. I understand that somethings are an accident and shouldn't ruin a child's life but unless there are extenuating circumstances I think that juveniles should be handled like adults. I think that records should not be sealed just because they are underage. Like adults pending the crime you can choose to do the ARD program. I think that a juvenile should have the same option when they turn 18 to do that like I said crime pending but if they actually want to turn theit life around and have the charge off their record then they will. It would set a good example and show who wants to make something out of their life and who doesn't care. Another one of my rambles point was over a certain age you have a mind of your own you make your own decisions no one makes you steal or shoot someone and I feel that we should be allowed to hold juveniles accountable for their actions like adults are. If an adult steals from a store they go to court get a fine possibly jail time I think the same should be done for juveniles.

2015-07-22 03:17

I signed the petition because these crimes need to be taken more seriously and should never happen again!

2015-07-22 03:18

I signed this because looking at the shooters record, he's been given enough "chances". Give him a slap on the wrist and rest assured he will do this again. He took a life. He should lose his freedom.

2015-07-22 03:20

Young people need to get the message that gun crime has very serious life-changing consequences.
Tired of kids getting away with murder

#165 Re: Re:

2015-07-22 03:22

#147: Nanny - Re:  

Amen!!! 

#166 Re: Justice for Jacob

2015-07-22 03:24

let me just say that i used to have a lot of respect for Judge Brabender but knowing he let that punk out of Vision Quest just ` 

1 week before Jacob was killed just blew me away..... I am a mother and grandmother and raised my kids without a father..... and they grew up just fine because i raised them to respect human life....and they are bi-racial....  and i agree that that rotten little thug black or white should have to pay ith the rest of his life...

2015-07-22 03:24

Because he needs to be tried as an adult. It's the right thing to do!!!

2015-07-22 03:27

This was an adult crime and he needs to do the time. I feel very strongly about this. He obviously knew how to shoot a gun.

2015-07-22 03:27

This is justice!!!!! That boy took the life of a very good, honorable, respectable young man. He should be held accountable and charged as an adult to the fullest extent of the law. He has displayed acts of violence, a life of crime, and does not deserve ANY freedom. NO ONE should be in fear to walk or ride their bikes, drive their cars, or do anything in public. Due to horrible, indecent, lowlifes like him, this city is doomed. He needs to spend the rest of his life in prison, as Jacob's family, friends, and especially his parents have to spend the rest of their lives in sadness. There is no forgiveness for what he has done and he needs to pay harshly for this!!!

2015-07-22 03:29

I signed this petition because Darry's sanders committed an adult crime he deserves to rot in prison for what he has done when I was younger I spent time in prison now I am a productive member of society and a family man. The only reason Darry's turned himself in was because everyone told him he would be tried as a juvenile he does not deserve any sympathy for any reason he is an animal he showed no sympathy when he shot that boy over a bike I say let him rot he wants to act like a big boy let him go play with the big boys

2015-07-22 03:29

Murder is murder no matter what age,no matter what race,no matter what society's reaction will be!

2015-07-22 03:30

I had a niece named Lila Ebright who was 5years old at the time of her murder back in 92. The monster that killed her got life in prison with no parole. well last year he tried to petition the court to change his sentence and Thank God he was denied. Monsters need to be kept in cages as they are animals. RIP Jacob. Prayers for your friends and family. Losing a loved one is horrifying especially at the hands of violence.

2015-07-22 03:34

These kids need to beb held accountable for their actions. Somewhere in the past few years parents started making excuses for their kids and blaming everyone and everything else for their behavior rather than making their kids responsible for their decisions, good or bad. Be a parent not a friend!

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-07-22 03:39

2015-07-22 03:44

Cold blooded murder is just that! I don't care how old you are if you have it in you to walk up to someone in broad daylight and shoot them over a bike you deserve life in prison!!!!