Justice For Jacob

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Justice For Jacob.

2015-07-22 02:23

He was my grandson.

The boy who was shot didn't do anything to deserve that He was a good kid who had a lot going for him, & now he will never have a chance! And for his brother to have to see this happen, it will change him for the rest of his life also. To take both of these boys lives away this kid needs to be tried as a adult.

I believe is someone shots someone unless it is self defense then they need to be held accountable for their actions. He knew what could happen when he pulled that trigger.

If your old enough to shoot someone you should be tried as an adult.

I believe he was old enough to pull the trigger than he is old enough to be tried as an adult.

2015-07-22 02:25

He has already been through the juvenile system and he learned nothing from it. Try him as an adult as he was fully aware that he was committing first degree murder from the moment he chose to leave his house with a gun. I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, but feel he deserves a life sentence!

2015-07-22 02:26

Criminals have more rights then victims. The 14 year old found the gun and could have left it alone. The 14 year old either found or seen the gun had bullets and could have left it alone.The 14 year old had two choices. He could have been nice to the young man who's life he took, but instead KILLED A YOUNG MAN OVER A BICYCLE THAT NEITHER ONE OF THEM WILL RIDE.One will never serve his country, the other one will and should serve life in prison. SORRY TO SAY BUT I MEAN THIS WANT A VERY VERY SAD WASTE OF TWO YOUNG PEOPLE LIVES. I'm white and I stood for Dr. Martin Luther King in the south when I visited down there in my young years, Was what Dr. King said and a waste his words and his time?Not to say a waste of my time.

2015-07-22 02:27

I signed this petition to help bring an end to the escalating gun violence in the City of Erie. It has gotten way out of control. The only way to put a stop to gun violence is to hold those responsibile accountable for their actions. Jacob did nothing wrong. He did not deserve to die. His killer MUST be held accountable. Adult punishment is appropriate for adult crime, which is what this is.

2015-07-22 02:27

First I want to say God bless you and your family through this tough time. I am signing because what this person has done to your family is horrific and he should have to pay for his crimes, though it won't bring Jacob back it may help you and your family know that Jacobs horrible ending will not be in vain

2015-07-22 02:29

Cuz Jacob use to be a good kid and didn't need that

2015-07-22 02:29

No matter the age, you so the crime you do the time. Age doesn't matter

2015-07-22 02:31

He did the crime he should do the crime

2015-07-22 02:32

This stuff has to stop! Kids need to know they are not getting away with this stuff anymore. Harsher penalties!

2015-07-22 02:33

The taking of a life, especially such a young, promising life in the commission of another adult crime deserves to be heard in adult court, not just given a slap on the wrist and sent to bed without supper. Take his life and make him live through it. Give him something to think about for decades to come.

2015-07-22 02:34

I believe someone that commits a crime such as this at his age is fully aware of right and wrong.

2015-07-22 02:36

Don't matter the color don't matter how old. Murder is murder. Don't matter about the boys past and how he was raised, still the fact he shot and killed that boy all because he wouldnt give up his own bike?? I understand if he started stuff with him but he didn't all he was doing was riding his bike with a few people, and then the 14 pos decided to try and robb him and he wouldn't give it up so he shot him. Just sick, but if he was 18 or older I'm sure he would already of been tried an adult. Just un believable age don't matter his past don't matter he murdered someone and he should face what he did in the big jail and get life in prison !!!

2015-07-22 02:36

This was a tragedy. ...and a young man lost his life through the careless, thoughtless act

2015-07-22 02:50

The state category was not asked for?

2015-07-22 02:51

Because I believe Jacob's killer, whoever he is, should be tried as an adult.

2015-07-22 02:51

This young man is 14 years old, knows right from wrong and has no value for life. He committed the crime now he has to do the time. He wanted to be a "big man" now he can be tried as a "big man"!!!

2015-07-22 02:52

I sgned this petition because an innocent young man had his life snuffed out by a rotten little thug that has no respect for anyone in this world...if he goes to juvenile court he will get out and kill again...he does not deserve to see the light of day!!!!!
Nanny

#147 Re:

2015-07-22 02:54

#133: -  

AMEN!!!

2015-07-22 02:56

The reason they kill is because they know they are only going to get is juvy and get out and never pay for what they did. If your 14 and you got a gun, you know damn well what you are going to do with it. Start locking every teen up in jail if they kill because you know right from wrong by 4 yrs old and they'll definitely do it again. Make changes in the law that will actually work. Instead of worrying about taking our rights away.

2015-07-22 02:57

I signed this because Erie needs to set an example for younger kids. They need to know that this violence and cruelty will not be tolerated. They need to take a stand so that another innocent life won't be taken. Also I feel that if you make the decision to carry a gun as a teen or child regardless of your intentions with it that you had enough sense to make that choice. You made the choice to carry you made the choice to pull the trigger you made that decision like any adult makes decisions. Whether it be a violent decision or an everyday decision you should accept that. No adult gets to be tried as a juvenile why should a juvenile that made a reckless decision only provoked by himself get to get off. Rambling aside everyone knows the consequences of having or owning a gun if he is tried as an adult that will send a message to every "thug" that thinks he or she can just commit a crime and get away with it. Erie has gotten out of control with gun violence maybe if more action is taken we can take back our community and maybe just maybe bring alittle safety home.

2015-07-22 02:58

I believe that if he thought he was old enough to carry a gun he should be old enough to do the time as an adult. Every one is saying he isn't old enough to know what his actions entailed... He was carrying a gun, he was stealing a bike, his Facebook page was disgusting with things a 14 year old should never even know about and he killed a respectable young man. He deserves life in prison. He knew exactly what would happen and he chose to do what he did. He should do the time. My prayers and condolences go out to Jacobs family. So sorry for your loss. God bless.