Justice For Jacob

Quoted post

2015-07-22 02:57

I signed this because Erie needs to set an example for younger kids. They need to know that this violence and cruelty will not be tolerated. They need to take a stand so that another innocent life won't be taken. Also I feel that if you make the decision to carry a gun as a teen or child regardless of your intentions with it that you had enough sense to make that choice. You made the choice to carry you made the choice to pull the trigger you made that decision like any adult makes decisions. Whether it be a violent decision or an everyday decision you should accept that. No adult gets to be tried as a juvenile why should a juvenile that made a reckless decision only provoked by himself get to get off. Rambling aside everyone knows the consequences of having or owning a gun if he is tried as an adult that will send a message to every "thug" that thinks he or she can just commit a crime and get away with it. Erie has gotten out of control with gun violence maybe if more action is taken we can take back our community and maybe just maybe bring alittle safety home.

Replies

#151 Re:

2015-07-22 03:01:08

#149: -  

Amen

Nik

#161 Re:

2015-07-22 03:16:54

#149: -  

Even something so little as a juvenile stealing could grow into so much more. You think hey I got away with this what more can I get away with. The risk and the crime get greater.  I'm an assistant manager at a local dollar store I can't stand how many kids I see on a daily basis stealing. Matter of fact my store master went to ask a kid for the item back a few days ago he couldn't of been more than 13 years old. The kid lifted his shirt showed him a gun and said do you want to mess with me now. What will happen to the kid? Slap on the wrist? I think the laws on juveniles should be changed to fit the crime I think that juveniles should get in more trouble for crimes they commit such as stealing or worse. I understand that somethings are an accident and shouldn't ruin a child's life but unless there are extenuating circumstances I think that juveniles should be handled like adults. I think that records should not be sealed just because they are underage. Like adults pending the crime you can choose to do the ARD program. I think that a juvenile should have the same option when they turn 18 to do that like I said crime pending but if they actually want to turn theit life around and have the charge off their record then they will. It would set a good example and show who wants to make something out of their life and who doesn't care. Another one of my rambles point was over a certain age you have a mind of your own you make your own decisions no one makes you steal or shoot someone and I feel that we should be allowed to hold juveniles accountable for their actions like adults are. If an adult steals from a store they go to court get a fine possibly jail time I think the same should be done for juveniles.