DSTV customer complaint

/ #1

2012-03-05 16:26

The way in which DSTV have presented their various packages is clearly discriminatory. If one wishes to enjoy Supersport 1 & 2 you are forced (extortion?) into the cost of the Premium Package. If you like Football (Supersport 3 & 4)then you can choose their Compact Package for less than half the price. Why can't I elect to watch Supersport 1&2 on their Compact Package? This is dicriminating in favour of Soccer Lovers and tantamount to extortion.

I can see no logical reason for DSTV's approach other than greed. You can bet your life's savings if we consumers were given the option to select a compact package with Supersport 1 & 2, 99% of SA would go for it. Sadly this will never happen simply because DSTV will have its income cut in half overnight!

I would even be happy to have just Supersport 1&2 only for R50.00 or something per month, most of the other stuff is rubbish anyway, I'd rather read a book!

I have already given up on DSTV and now go to the pub to watch my rugby, beers (+/- 30 per month), are paid for by saving the exhorbitant fee for Premium DSTV.