I Would Like Gila County to Cut Cell Phone Expenses Now.

Quoted post

#9 Re: Cell Phones

2011-02-18 16:03

We sent a records request to the probation department. We should get that today. It appears many in administravtive positions in Gila County only work 4 to 6 hours a day, many 4 days a week, it takes a little longer to get info. That must be the new definition of "Superior Service"#8: - Cell Phones 

Replies

#15 Re: Re: Cell Phones

2011-02-23 02:34:17

#9: Guest - Re: Cell Phones 

What no response from the Probation Dept yet? 

#25 Re: Re: Cell Phones

2011-03-03 07:33:03

#9: Guest - Re: Cell Phones 

I see now that the staff of Gila 101.9 is a little more bark than they are bite. Why have you not provided a true list of Cell phones provided by Gila County? Is it really that easy to simply ignore the media when it comes to a public records request? Since Gila 101.9 has stirred this cell phone pot "demanding" to know why the County is providing cell phones to over half of it's employee's why have you the staff of Gila 101.9 decided to let a sleeping dog lay when it comes to such a large department as probation? It's my understanding in talking with friends that the cell phone issue is pretty much dead now and  the hot topics now are take home vehicles, assigned computers and employee's salary.

My only hope as an ex-employee of Gila County is that you the media take the responsibility to report not only accurately, but please compare salary's of County employee's accross the board with other comparable Conties in the state. I think you will find that even though mistakes are made at all levels of goverment as you have pointed out regarding the cell phone issue. I feel you will also find that the average employee of Gila County is willing to give everything of themselves to serve the public and have always and for the foreseeable future will continue to serve for far less compensation than those serving other Counties throughout the State of Arizona. I guess that is why so many like myself are unable to maintain employment within Gila County (home) and are forced to commute and work for neighboring Counties or private industry.

I know Gila 101.9 has never tried to focus on the positive in the community and local Goverment, Gila County, City of Globe or Town of Miami but maybe it's time that you as the media in this community take on the role of promoting trust and teamwork in local Goverment and focus on the positive along with the negative. Who knows if everyone worked together maybe we could truley impove the community as a whole instead of putting out the normal useless propaganda your station does that only the bottom feeders thrive on.  Lets all set the bar a little higher for what is truley a great area we call home.