I Would Like Gila County to Cut Cell Phone Expenses Now.

Quoted post

#25 Re: Re: Cell Phones

2011-03-03 07:33

#9: Guest - Re: Cell Phones 

I see now that the staff of Gila 101.9 is a little more bark than they are bite. Why have you not provided a true list of Cell phones provided by Gila County? Is it really that easy to simply ignore the media when it comes to a public records request? Since Gila 101.9 has stirred this cell phone pot "demanding" to know why the County is providing cell phones to over half of it's employee's why have you the staff of Gila 101.9 decided to let a sleeping dog lay when it comes to such a large department as probation? It's my understanding in talking with friends that the cell phone issue is pretty much dead now and  the hot topics now are take home vehicles, assigned computers and employee's salary.

My only hope as an ex-employee of Gila County is that you the media take the responsibility to report not only accurately, but please compare salary's of County employee's accross the board with other comparable Conties in the state. I think you will find that even though mistakes are made at all levels of goverment as you have pointed out regarding the cell phone issue. I feel you will also find that the average employee of Gila County is willing to give everything of themselves to serve the public and have always and for the foreseeable future will continue to serve for far less compensation than those serving other Counties throughout the State of Arizona. I guess that is why so many like myself are unable to maintain employment within Gila County (home) and are forced to commute and work for neighboring Counties or private industry.

I know Gila 101.9 has never tried to focus on the positive in the community and local Goverment, Gila County, City of Globe or Town of Miami but maybe it's time that you as the media in this community take on the role of promoting trust and teamwork in local Goverment and focus on the positive along with the negative. Who knows if everyone worked together maybe we could truley impove the community as a whole instead of putting out the normal useless propaganda your station does that only the bottom feeders thrive on.  Lets all set the bar a little higher for what is truley a great area we call home.

Replies

#27 Re: Re: Re: Cell Phones

2011-03-05 10:46:16

#25: Guest - Re: Re: Cell Phones

Say Whaaaaaaaat? Who did you bite in the county today? Ok, you wrote on this discussion board, guess what, that's great! Your passion and anger tells us your not just listening, your hearing what we are saying. Today I debated with Shirley Dawson, who says the cell phone policy has been working well. She says we are wasting their time. She says a few things taxpayers/county employees will find enlightning.

The truth is KQSS is all bark. We are just a few. The community, the taxpayers are the teeth. KQSS is front and center on the issue. Use your passion to encourage other who feel the same way, and you know their out there, to step up sign the petition or you can contact your Gila County Supervisor at....

judy

#50 Re: Re: Re: Cell Phones

2011-07-15 20:58:48

You know, it would be great to be able to report on the good in our community..and there IS a lot of good.  Unfortunately, the abuse of power and the reckless and irresponsible spending at both the County and City level has made it tough to put on the old "happy face".  Wake up and look around you - if you owned property that was a fire hazard, and a fire started on your property which spread to neighboring properties and destroyed their homes, how would you feel?  And if that property belonged to the County or the City, and their response was basically "too bad", would you put a big smile on your face and just go on?  If you were denied raises for 6 years because "there is no money, just tighten your belt", and you saw that same entity handing out cars and Droids as if they were party favors, would you just put on your happy face?  Our government - both local and national - is destroying the middle class, putting us all into debt and apparently intends to continue whether we protest or not.  Our only option is to make everyone aware of what is going on, where the money is going and who is responsible.  And hopefully, enough people will wake up and get out there and vote the bums out!  Our quality of life is at risk, and let's face it - the people that were voted in to guide us and protect us don't give a damn.  They are filling their pockets at our expense, and they do not intend to stop until we make them stop.  Drive out to the new Public Works building... $8 MILLION dollars, and counting.  to house roughly 25 employees and to park their tax-payer funded vehicles.  This during a time of economic hardship!  Those vehicles are parked in the lots all day, and are gone in the evening and on weekends.  GET REAL!  Most of us can't afford to fix our old vehicles and certainly can't afford new ones, but we are paying for the vehicles, insurance, registration, repairs and maintenance - not to mention gas and oil - for people who are making double and triple what the average worker makes.  We are paying for their cellphones, which are used mainly for personal calls.  We are paying for their family members to have Blackberries, as well - yet we can't afford them for ourselves or our families.  Tell me, how do we put a positive and cheerful spin on that?  The Assessor takes the heat for the tax increases, but he has absolutely no control over them - the increases are passed by the Board of Supervisors, he has no voice in the matter - he just takes the heat and the calls from the upset taxpayers.  You owe it to yourself to learn about what is happening, who is really responsible and then to take the proper action to fix the problem.  In this case, you need to vote out the people who are lining their pockets with your hard earned money and elect someone who actually cares about your quality of life and your future, and whether your family will have good health care, quality education and a home to live in along with good nutrition and a FUTURE.  Our future is looking pretty grim right now.  and it won't stop until we face the facts, whether they are pleasant or not and whether or not they are delivered with a perky smile and cheerful voice.  If you care about your future, you better care about who is driving the car that takes us there.

#51 Working for county

2011-08-05 07:02:11

In November of 2010 , I was one on numerous employees that had to pay for a vehicle of which was provided with the position due to being on call , they took aproximately 3,000 out of my pay for the use of the car in 2010, since I pay to beable to respond to Gila County Emergencies etc.

Most definatly there are those that abuse equipment: phones, vehicles, etc. and they need weeded out and some have family throughout the community that can do whatever they want and if you offend one the whole family will play dirty !

It has been a blessing that we have not had to go through what many other counties etc. cut employees, work furloughs etc.