Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

Cobb teacher

2011-02-21 21:25

This is now so much more than a calendar issue. The parents,students and employees of Cobb County have now discovered that we are dealing with 4 power hungry tyrants who have their own agenda and care very little about improving our school system. They are actually trying to turn the community against the teachers! How does that help our school system?
I teach in Cobb County and I can tell you this issue has put morale at an all time low. Teachers in Cobb are not unionized,we don't have collective bargaining, we have had a salary cut over the last several years, we have been furloughed, RIFed, our class sizes and work loads have been increased, we use our own money to buy school supplies and what are you upset about? Teachers in Cobb want to have a schedule that allows us and our students to be at our best and in the classroom as much as possible. I think the taxpaying citizens of Wisconsin would think that you're pretty lucky to have us!

Replies

#276 Re:

2011-02-22 04:31:37

#240: Cobb teacher -

And your about to get ANOTHER cut.  Wait until the State passes their budget and CUTS education again.  Then you will get MORE days off and less pay.  Careful what you wish for.