Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

180 days of school no matter when we start

#289 Re: Re: School calendar and the school system in general !

2011-02-22 06:47

#286: Cobb Resident - Re: School calendar and the school system in general !

We have been unable to attend family reunions, etc. with our Indiana, Connecticut, Texas, Illinois extended family - because of what the prior school board did.  I cannot understand the passionate outcry on this subject...

This is why you want to punish every student in the Cobb District with a calendar with no breaks.  Have you seen that students have to go to school from after Labor Day in September to Election Day in November with no breaks and then another long period between MLK Day in Feb. and Spring Break in April.  All so you can go to a family reunion?  eeek!  What is the world coming to?

Replies

#301 Another family would like to be in sync with the rest of the country

2011-02-22 18:19:11

#289: 180 days of school no matter when we start - Re: Re: School calendar and the school system in general !

No - it's just one issue that many families deal with (not being able to see your extended family because of the conflicting schedules).  "punish every student"?? because they won't get week long breaks? My goodness.  And, July is not an option for many familes because of high school sports practices, band camp, etc.  (I think percussion and guard had to report on July 6th)