Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

SAHM

#313 Very Happy With The Decision The "4" made

2011-02-22 23:52

My entire family and friends all were happy to hear they came up with August 15th. You dont see as many people on here agreeing with it because they are too busy working! I just found out about this page today! This has nothing to do with kids getting breaks, its about all the lazy ass parents who dont want to get up early in the mornings. Im a SAHM and I hate getting up early too, but I also enjoy having longer summers.

Replies

#316 What?

2011-02-23 00:43:24

I get up @ 5:45 AM and voted for Aug. 1st. I don't think you have an educated response.

#337 Re: Very Happy With The Decision The "4" made

2011-02-23 05:42:01

It's about lazy parents who don't want to get up early? Last time I checked the amount of school days didn't change, so that comment is completely ridiculous.

#344 Re: Very Happy With The Decision The "4" made

2011-02-23 16:35:32

#313: SAHM - Very Happy With The Decision The "4" made

It's not about lazy parents who don't want to wake up early.  Have you worked in a school?  You obviously don't have school children or if you do, you are one of those that don't care!  It's good for the children to have a break.  They come back refreshed and ready to go back after a rest, vacation or just a break from books, homework and quizzes.   This balanced calendar has worked for Cherokee County for years and years.  This was supposed to be tried for 3 years.  We're not even through with  the first year, and already it has been changed.